Best Production Youtube Channels

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For modern rock, metal, pop punk etc I've been enjoying Hardcore Music Studio. The presentation leans a bit too far in to hustle/grind culture marketing speak sometimes, but the tips are good. Ken Masters and Eric Valentine both have some amazing walkthroughs of their mixes on YT also.

Reid Stefan is one of my favorites, and is hilarious. Realest puppet in the game.

I'm subbed to Venus Theory and House Of Kush, both great. In The Mix is good for noobs and fl users

nomansland333 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:53 pm Anyone have any recommendations for resourceful YouTube channels? Have been digging MixbusTV and Dave Pensado's ITL's. Wondering what everyone else turns to.
Producing and mixing/mastering is two entirely different professions.
If you want to start producing, try to avoid mixing tutorials.
Mixing is overrated for digital production.
For producing you need to learn music theory, arrangement, synthesis.
Mixing is the last thing you'll need to worry about.

Martin Stürtzer anyone?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

roman.i wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:48 am
nomansland333 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:53 pm Anyone have any recommendations for resourceful YouTube channels? Have been digging MixbusTV and Dave Pensado's ITL's. Wondering what everyone else turns to.
Producing and mixing/mastering is two entirely different professions.
If you want to start producing, try to avoid mixing tutorials.
Mixing is overrated for digital production.
For producing you need to learn music theory, arrangement, synthesis.
Mixing is the last thing you'll need to worry about.

General stuff: Sonic Academy, Venus Theory

Sound design: Demis Hellen, Eric Bowman

Mixing: Produce Like a Pro, MixbusTV

Making music: Bound to Divide (he's great and seeing his progress is very motivating)

I really like the “what makes x song great” series by Rick Beato and he got other good stuff on his channel. Almost all of Dan Worrall’s stuff is full with knowledge. Bobby huff, green light sound and plugin alley are good channels too. The art of mixing by David Gibson is a must watch if you didnt already!

I'm surprised no one mentioned 343 Labs. Although I mostly watch them for entertainment, they can give helpful advice for beginners, especially if you are into electronic music.

Bunting has been an excellent resource for me!

I started watching @Taetro on youtube

I like Warren Huart. I've learned some from him, and I've bought his book. However, looking closer, I see that there is a lot of promotional/influencer videos, like 'THIS SONG MIXED WITH ACME VINTAGE TUBE SATURATOR' or similar. Look them up at Thomann, and lol at the price.
I reckon the best advice has been given: find a couple of good books. Then empirically experiment. Take notes. Make it a puzzle to figure out. Warren Huart's book is good. I'd recommend it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

One channel I really dig is Sol State, which will clip and showcase a variety of producers from livestreams discussing something or walking through some of their work. I like it because it has been a great way for me to discover new artists that I can go follow on their own be it on youtube or twitch and always have someone to watch, especially as someone that loves to have streams up on my side monitor while I'm doing other things

'Chandler guitar' for some melda plugin tips and mix tips and 'Dash Glitch' for synth sound design. I really learned a lot from them.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”