Air 2.0.4 Update Status

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:I think part of the problem is there doesn't seem to be any infrastructure on their system for handling user accounts so I'm not sure how they would know who to send user codes too even. The register product page doesn't even ask for a serial and there is no user area or anything.
speaking of... i wanted to download the update for xpand2 from the corresponding product page - now guess what? the download link lead to the HYBRID update :tantrum: if even posting the right downloads on the right pages is a problem... that's only unbelievable, cannot find any words for this any more :bang:

OK anyone thinking of trying the updater installers, don't. I just tested the Hybrid one to see if there was any possibility that the new license manager was the way we are supposed to get the new authorisation - it isn't, it just asks for a new activation code and will not accept the previous serial. No great problem I was able to revert but no point in trying these without the proper codes.

Pity, it would have been a clever idea for the manager to accept the old code and send a request for the new one automatically, that's what I hoped it might do, a wasted opportunity.

Sim.Sky wrote:
DrumAddict wrote:
DrFolder wrote:Is there any word of an ETA on the activation codes?
if you see how long it has takes them from the update announcement until the updates now has still arrived on there site , probably weeks
better make that "months" - keeps your level of frustration lower :wink:
Exactly what I'm dreading. I'm such an idiot for installing the updates.

I just installed theRiser, Vacuum, Loom and Hybrid 2.0.4 before reading this thread.
Now I lost authorization for most of them, except for theRiser.
theRiser was purchased from online, others are bundled with Advanced Music Production Suite.

The Riser was already iLoc enabled and licensed differently. It even has a demo version. Oddly enough I didn't really like it, but I was glad I could test it out. The rest I bought on blind faith. Turns out it was a good thing, but it could have gone the other way.

I still wish AIR would get their customer support/customer registration stuff together. At this point I'm doubting these new license keys will ever show up. It's odd but getting them converted to my iLok is appealing because I don't trust their ability to authorize me down the line.
-Matt

jhorology wrote:I just installed theRiser, Vacuum, Loom and Hybrid 2.0.4 before reading this thread.
theRiser was purchased from online, others are bundled with Advanced Music Production Suite.
You can revert using the old installers luckily.

aMUSEd wrote:
jhorology wrote:I just installed theRiser, Vacuum, Loom and Hybrid 2.0.4 before reading this thread.
You can revert using the old installers luckily.
Where do you get those old installers???? My love affair with AIR is waning some. Why in the world would they have 2.04 installers up without the codes. I thought German's were much smarter than that. :P Seriously though, I need the old installers now since I installed the 2.04 ones and deleted my old installers. I would sure love to use the instruments hat I paid for. :(

On the same page where you downloaded the latest update, duh!

I went thru the 'upgrade email' link on their site, thinking that would send me the required new-style activation codes ( see http://www.airmusictech.com/kb/article/1775 ) - no dice, got a lovely automated email claiming I didn't own any of their stuff :-(

Yes I had that after I bought Loom and was trying to work out how to cross grade to the full pack. Their system doesn't seem to keep accurate records of user info, that's why I feel the problem lies in their lack of an infrastructure for maintaining user data, there is no way to actually register a serial even at the moment, no wonder they can't send out iLok codes.

EvilDragon wrote:On the same page where you downloaded the latest update, duh!
Don't you think that I would have noticed older links in the first place? Duh!!! :P The download page I have accessed ONLY HAS THE .04 LINKS!!!!!!! Anyone have some download links that I'm not aware of??? :ud:
Last edited by quantum7 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantum7 wrote:
Don't you think that I would have noticed older links in the first place? Duh!!! :P The download page I have accessed ONLY HAS THE .04 LINKS!!!!!!!
I'm seeing links to the older downloaders on the ones I have e.g.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/loom#updates

(I had them backed up anyway though)

Thanks! I didn't realize that AIR had the updates right on the sales website. I was accessing the "find my order" website from my original invoice. Doh!!! :oops:

quantum7 wrote:
Don't you think that I would have noticed older links in the first place? Duh!!! :P The download page I have accessed ONLY HAS THE .04 LINKS!!!!!!! Anyone have some download links that I'm not aware of??? :ud:
Yeah, you obviously didn't notice them, because they are there. BELOW the latest x.0.4. installers. :roll:

EvilDragon wrote:
quantum7 wrote:
Yeah, you obviously didn't notice them, because they are there. BELOW the latest x.0.4. installers. :roll:
Dude, do I need to do a screen capture for you? I was on MY ORDER PAGE and they are NOT there, only the .04 versions. I got it now though, since the older versions are on the AIR product page which I originally didn't know about. Try being polite sometime, as I've always been polite to you in the past. :neutral:

Return to “AIR Music Technology”