Spectral public beta / call for presets and sound/video demos

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectral

Peter, are the waveforms different from Morphox? The names imply that they are the same (but of course now stored as a set of 2 waves).

Sound reminds me a lot of Raxor, but the CPU is very heavy. Otherwise, the sound is amazing.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

irvg wrote:Sound reminds me a lot of Raxor, but the CPU is very heavy. Otherwise, the sound is amazing.
Sorry, that's "Razor" of course.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

4damind wrote:Peter, are the waveforms different from Morphox? The names imply that they are the same (but of course now stored as a set of 2 waves).
Of course you know : synths always offer "basic" forms (geometric) plus a few others specific to the manufacturer's choice. And labels attempt to summarize their characteristics...
In the case of Spectral, we are beyond these limits : the "harmonic principle" in Spectral gives us the freedom to develop our own forms in a very vast field of exploration.
MorphoX and Spectral are different products...
Is not that what we want ?

Philippe :phones:

Peter from LinPlug wrote:
Soimmo wrote:So far very good !!!

Do You plan any CPU optimization, or it will be as hungry as it is ?
CPU is ac low as it can be for this synthesis method. We have one more thing we can do, but it will only result in about 10% less CPU and also only for limited amount of presets (only those who not use certain modulations). First version of this engine took about 15 times the CPU as now, I could only play a single voice.
Thank You for answer Peter !

I can cope with that. Sound quality is really excellent so it's worth to use it. Anyway, I can freeze it.

Iam looking forward to generate some rich textures in Spectral and load them in CrX4. Some really deep complex pads and FXs.

Keep up that good work I am really enjoying that.

a few more presets done, my partner will do some aswell :) will send soon.

then i get a question is there a way to get some way of folder management int he browser? i just made a subfolder in my soundbank folder and now im not able to get back in the upper folder.
here is an example:
my workfolder is "Ameyah Audio" ---> i just made a folder "temp" and saved a preset in that one. but now im not able to get back into Ameyah Audio folder.
i have no init preset there.

otherwise im dnam happy with with spectral. good job.
now time to upgrade to 0.98 :hihi:

4damind wrote:Peter, are the waveforms different from Morphox? The names imply that they are the same (but of course now stored as a set of 2 waves).
Unless I made a mistake somewhere thats the idea: To have available Alpha (ZA_) and MorphoX waveforms (ZM_)

and yes, always too are stored together, however, can be loaded individually with the "A" and "B" buttons in the load dialog

@Trancestorm

I'm afraid i don get the problem. In Spectral we continue what so far seemed to work very well in CrX4, you have a library and every sound is in there. When you save a sound, you should be directed to the My Presets folder which is a good place to store your presets. You can create new folders next to My Presets and the factory folders (not yet in beta 098, but will be there in 099). Every folder you create next to My Presets is of course also in the Load Browser.

Peter from LinPlug wrote:@Trancestorm

I'm afraid i don get the problem. In Spectral we continue what so far seemed to work very well in CrX4, you have a library and every sound is in there. When you save a sound, you should be directed to the My Presets folder which is a good place to store your presets. You can create new folders next to My Presets and the factory folders (not yet in beta 098, but will be there in 099). Every folder you create next to My Presets is of course also in the Load Browser.
i just noticed i only have to click on the folder name next to the preset, this makes it possible to go back to the upper folder again. so this is solved! :wink:

then i noticed another strange thing. when i save a project with Reaper/Ableton - spectral reads the same string from the previous save operation and wants to save the preset not in the preset library, but in the folder where i saved my projects for ableton/reaper. (a bit annoying - default save location is set already int he settings!)
i save my project at "c:\Users\Ameyah\Documents" and this string is read by spectral later, when i want to save presets to the factory. here is a flash video showing the problem. (just drag the swf file into your browser or double click)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/un0lcxpdcd88934/spectral.swf
Last edited by Ameyah Audio on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Trancestorm,
I know of two other people with this problem, but we have never been able to reproduce this. May I send you a special prepared version of Spectral to create a logfile on your computer ? If so , please email me (from here) and I send the special version to you as attachment.

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Thank you Trancestorm,
I know of two other people with this problem, but we have never been able to reproduce this. May I send you a special prepared version of Spectral to create a logfile on your computer ? If so , please email me (from here) and I send the special version to you as attachment.
i have the problem on 2 computers. mail sent!

Guys, I split off the sound contest from the beta test, new thread here

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 94#5542194

With a bit more info (mainly, that you should be quite good at sound design to have a chance)

It lacks aftertouch, please add aftertouch parameters to all your plugins especially crx4
Peter from LinPlug wrote:Hi everyone,
we've decided to run a public beta for both MAC and PC at

http://www.linplug.com/spectral.html

The beta is the full product, but with only a few example sounds. A beta serial number is provided, so the Spectral is unlimited and without demo restictions. The beta expires on 31st December. Please note that we might not be able to respond to all beta reports from you, but we read and consider each and every feedback we get.
You might report here, but via support form at

http://www.linplug.com/technical_support.html

is preferred as we sometimes need some more info about your setup to reproduce bugs. In any case I would love to thank all who ever send feedback to a LinPlug instrument as it all made up the knowledge we have to built Spectral. Thank you!

We also run a sound contest here

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 94#5542194

and appreciate every demo mp3 or video (those which we actually use are good for a full Spectral license!)

redlad wrote:It lacks aftertouch, please add aftertouch parameters to all your plugins especially crx4

]
??? you can assign aftertouch in the matrix or what do you ask for ???

hey peter,

i send you a debug log via mail, the power supply of my desktop died on the 1.11 - so i made the debug log with the notebook which has the same bug.

somehow the debug log shows the right string, which set for the factory library, but the problem is still when i save a project.
the other 2 people got the bug solved or do they have to bug still?
(they have the system specs OS, etc)

really strange.
Regards
Pascal

Return to “LinPlug”