Do You Recognise The Sound Of The DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:30 pm we need some files.
someone who has all the hosts, just out put a two min file of silence in each.
then let's see intrancer pick out the reason and studio one silences, to prove his claim.
But to truly ensure the test is thorough, that someone needs to have all iterations of every host.

They should be played at once and phase aligned for sample accuracy.

Let’s not leave this to chance… this same person needs to have an audiophile approved playback system with nothing less than $1000 hdmi, toslink and usb cables.

I just bought a new album cause the band used Reaper (I can tell).
Too bad the music sucks.

Michael L wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:37 am A DAW is just a model of a mixing desk, so it is quite logical that a DAW would also have a sound.
Some people cannot hear or discriminate the sound of DAWS, probably due to age and/or exposure to loud music.

However, other posts in this thread prove that some people do have the ear sensitivity and the ear training that enables them to discriminate those subtle qualities.
Nah, that's bollocks in its entirety. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Michael L wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:37 am These posts prove that a 'closed system' has a sound that people recognise in comparison with an 'open system' which has a different sound. This thread asks the Reasonable question, Can people recognise the sound of different open systems in comparison with each other?
Bollocks - these post only prove that people claim that they can recognize some certain softsynths when they hear them.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

VOODOO U wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:15 pm I just bought a new album cause the band used Reaper (I can tell).
Bias confirmation Im afraid. Its actually very well documented that you (dont hear) the Reaper. La, la, la, la, la.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i fear reaper users, if that counts?

not as individuals, im sure many of them are lovely people. its what they represent that i fear :o

Define lovely... no wait - don't! :hihi:

Last edited by Dogbert on Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 pm
VOODOO U wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:15 pm I just bought a new album cause the band used Reaper (I can tell).
Bias confirmation Im afraid. Its actually very well documented that you (dont hear) the Reaper. La, la, la, la, la.
Don't do that. I f**king hate that song.

A playlist of tracks I created with only Reason from 2001 to 2012. Just to give an idea of that old Reason sound. :-D

https://intrancersonic-ds.blogspot.com/ ... .html#mpt2
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:55 am A playlist of tracks I created with only Reason from 2001 to 2012. Just to give an idea of that old Reason sound. :-D

https://intrancersonic-ds.blogspot.com/ ... .html#mpt2
This is clearly fruityloops with that level of sonic superiority. :)

jens wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:16 pmBollocks
jens wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:14 pmbollocks in its entirety. ;-)
I feel so seen :hug:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

VOODOO U wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:22 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 pm
Don't do that. I f**king hate that song.
Baby, take my hand...

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:55 am A playlist of tracks I created
now we're getting to the point. 'hey mom, look at meeeee...'

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”