April Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:59 pm Thought I'd give you a heads up. You missed your vote for Hellfog. It's top 10 and you only voted for 8 not including the new guy.
Thanks, Somehow I missed this completely :(
I've asked permission to revise my votes
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Imma need to know more about the Fuzion Bros vocals...they are just to good. Where'd you get em in Indianapolis?

Tbase2000 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 pm Imma need to know more about the Fuzion Bros vocals...they are just to good. Where'd you get em in Indianapolis?
Don't expect a response. The guy spammed the forum and ran off. Several attempts to contact him and explain the rules, which he completely ignored, were met with dead silence.

This was just a spam link to his bandcamp to sell his song for $2.

If you think it's any more than that, you're even more gullible than I am.

I sniffed that one out as soon as I saw it.

But then again, I'm used to dealing with his kind.

I don't know about all that...just sounded like some free/commercial vocal seps you can use in your music and not amateur enough for the beat and instrumentation. Others on here use them from time to time. We'll see.

Having checked with the boss, I've adjusted my votes. Apologies to all, and especially Hellfog for missing him out.
Note to self - must do better :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Tbase2000 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:07 pm Laguna: There's that tamborine! Can't really understand what your going for. Those shrill tones piss my ears off. Tempo changes are interesting. Jumpy mountain lizards.
Thanks for your time and your opinion.
Tambourine could use better samples and dynamics indeed...
well, I was after recreating the acting of mountain lizards : They move very fast one moment (intro/outro) and they stay still for ages, lazily bathing in the sun, but they nervously move the head (middle section); honestly it-s not easy given the limited amount of time and talent....
:shrug:

I understand the perceived weirdness... :hihi:

Cheers

folderol wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:19 am Having checked with the boss, I've adjusted my votes. Apologies to all, and especially Hellfog for missing him out.
If I'd had known it would knock me down from 3rd to 4th I would have kept my mouth shut. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:18 am
folderol wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:19 am Having checked with the boss, I've adjusted my votes. Apologies to all, and especially Hellfog for missing him out.
If I'd had known it would knock me down from 3rd to 4th I would have kept my mouth shut. :lol:
:lol:

I like the tamborine. Lizards dont make high pitches I dont think. The title made sense. Was creative.

Well there was I seeing votes in my 'usual' place the Hellfog comes along with a fantastic number 1. I think I'll cut it out and frame it :hyper:
Where do I send the money?

I'm enjoying the 9's personally. Feels good to be on the bottom. Imma rap next month. Wait for it.

Thanks guys! @folderol and @davidstiles: You have both (and maybe someone more) used the word 'backing', when you have commented my entry. But since there is no backing vocals, I cannot understand what backing means. I wonder if you could explain it to me? :)
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Instrumental backing/accompaniment. I find it too pronounced in places, taking focus away from the song.

OK, thanks folderol! :)
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

per99 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:00 am Thanks guys! @folderol and @davidstiles: You have both (and maybe someone more) used the word 'backing', when you have commented my entry. But since there is no backing vocals, I cannot understand what backing means. I wonder if you could explain it to me? :)
Yup, like folderol said, when I say "backing" I usually mean the backing instrumentation and arrangement/orchestration.

Return to “Music Cafe”