Released on patchpool: Sound Bank Alchemistry for Alchemy

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Simon how many of these are using additive/spectral resynthesis instead of the granular version? It would be nice to be able to use true morphing with these sort of sounds but from past experience (not with you) some sound banks tend too much to stick to granular mode for sample based sounds which just crossfades which I think is a shame.

aMUSEd wrote:Simon how many of these are using additive/spectral resynthesis instead of the granular version? It would be nice to be able to use true morphing with these sort of sounds but from past experience (not with you) some sound banks tend too much to stick to granular mode for sample based sounds which just crossfades which I think is a shame.
Hi Stephen,
I would say it's more on the resynthesis side, I do use Granular and normal sampling as well, it all depends on the source material and what I want to achieve with each patch. The true morphing only really works in a musical way when you set the additive/spectral source modules in a way that they will only slighty differ, everything else yields interesting but often unpredictable and chaotic/experimental results which will not enhance the patch in any way - at least with the samples I'm currently making for this Bank. So I am mainly using x/y crossfade morphing in the x/y-pad 1 but changing the sounds with the Controllers and the snaps in the Remix Pad creates stunning and very useful results.
But one can always quickly change the morphing settings to true morphing instead and experiment around, that's an easy procedure.

Thanks for answering - I'm sure it will all be great.

I like unpredictable/chaotic results I have to say - it's in that moment where an instrument ceases to be one thing but isn't quite another that I find the most exciting possibilities emerge.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks for answering - I'm sure it will all be great.

I like unpredictable/chaotic results I have to say - it's in that moment where an instrument ceases to be one thing but isn't quite another that I find the most exciting possibilities emerge.
True, but with a Bank focussed on that aspect I wouldn't be selling much :)

Just want to add my own two cents that I agree with aMUSEd about the excitement and vigor that unpredictability can bring, in fact I find it rather depressing how predictable so much sound design is, especially considering how much potential an instrument like Alchemy offers, this is another reason why I admire Simon's sound design so much. It seems as though these patches will have the ability to react with greater or lesser degrees of predictability depending on one's needs or intention. I know I'm really looking forward to this bank, it will be a great addition to Alchemy.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Thanks for answering - I'm sure it will all be great.

True, but with a Bank focussed on that aspect I wouldn't be selling much :)
Sure - I guess that's one reason why I give mine away :)

Borealis wrote:Just want to add my own two cents that I agree with aMUSEd about the excitement and vigor that unpredictability can bring, in fact I find it rather depressing how predictable so much sound design is, especially considering how much potential an instrument like Alchemy offers, this is another reason why I admire Simon's sound design so much. It seems as though these patches will have the ability to react with greater or lesser degrees of predictability depending on one's needs or intention. I know I'm really looking forward to this bank, it will be a great addition to Alchemy.
Thank you Ben, your support is much appreciated. 20 patches to go, most of them already sketched out in my brain, you can be sure of lot's of unpredictable items in this Bank - 100 patches + 8 variations each plus all the Controllers for live tweaking is making this Bank quite huge - the biggest project in my commercial Sound Design live so far and the most fascinating one as well.

To add to the morphing topic: The Morph x/y feature is really only usable under very special cirumstances. In most cases it produces nasty clicks and pops and other artifacts. The "morph additive" and "morph time" modes yield much more usable results with the sources I'm using in this Bank. Often I use additive and Granular sources simultaneously in one patch, in these cases when only 2 sources are active I then often use crossfade morphing on the x axis and assign some filter and/or LFO/MSEG action to the y-axis. Sometimes I run out of Controllers and use the ADSR knobs in the Remix pad for additional modulation controllers - one just can't get enough Mod Controllers, it's like being in a neverending maze...

Here is a demo combining 2 patches: Windfrogs and Cello Slightly Nervous Beauty

Hi Simon,

i preordered the Soundset and must say: ... Greeaat Sounddemos. I'm very curious for the Final Pack.

One of my own Xmas gifts. ;)

Cheers Ruediger

Sonix64 wrote:Hi Simon,

i preordered the Soundset and must say: ... Greeaat Sounddemos. I'm very curious for the Final Pack.

One of my own Xmas gifts. ;)

Cheers Ruediger
Thank you Rüdiger, I just sent you the confirmation. You'll enjoy Christmas with this one, although the party could get a bit mysterious :)

Here is a rather cinematic demo for the patch Endless Orchestral Scape

Here is a demo for the patch Temple monks using samples I recorded in a temple in Seoul some years ago - resynthed and granular sources mixed

This is a demo for the patch Churchbell Scape Split processing church bells I recorded on the holy sunday yesterday...

Jamming away in this demo displaying the patch Cello Pizz Patch which uses 37 multisamples of pizzicato cello with lot's of morphing possibilities.

Here is an ambient sort of demo combining 5 patches of this Bank...

Return to “Soundware”