Classic Auto-Filter launched by Kjaerhus Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe someone can help me understand something about an autofilter in general - not specific to this plug-in.

What's actually the purpose of one?

In most synths you have a filter that has envelope and lfo modulation.

Most samplers have filters with envelope and lfo modulation.

So is this only really only for audio tracks in your sequencer?

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote: So is this only really only for audio tracks in your sequencer?
Try to put this on a delay bus (a reverb bus could be cool as well) - nothing your synths will do for sure! Totally out of this world FX are possible!

Apart from that, still many synths don't feature R.H. modes for their LFOs - which is incredible fun IMO, if you are into rhythmic manglings.
Then, neither DR-008 nor Battery 1 feature any global filtering - some other drum samplers may not either. Highly useful for such!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

THANXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Sascha Franck wrote: Try to put this on a delay bus (a reverb bus could be cool as well) - nothing your synths will do for sure! Totally out of this world FX are possible!
That's just what I did yesterday when I got it on my DAW - placed it after Classic Delay on a delay bus - mad rythmic sound mangling :D

Shif.

Can someone build a statue for this guy?

Tx (again) dude!

:hail:
Ok, my signature picture was too big, out of protest, this is the non-picture version of my signature

Caleb wrote:What's actually the purpose of one?
Hey Caleb,

Auto filters are similar to wah pedals, except there's an envelope follower instead of a pedal to control cutoff.

Found this description in a page about the Maxon AF-9 pedal:
Originally introduced as a key component of analog synthesizers, envelope controlled filters came into prominence in the early 1970s with the release of the legendary Mutron III. Envelope filters are wah-wah type sliding filters that are triggered by an input voltage. Unlike standard wah pedals whose center frequency is controlled by moving a treadle, an envelope filter's center frequency is controlled by playing dynamics, allowing for an almost unlimited variety of effects based on expressive nuances in a player's performance.
Try using it on a synth's output. Allows you then to have two modulated filters on the output as an added rhythmic function on the sound.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks!!!!!
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

I'm not up-to-date on the clever use of effects which is why the purpose didn't seem that obvious to me.

The idea of putting it after a delay is really interesting I hadn't thought of using it to automate filtering on an effect return.

One of these days I really need to get to understand some of these effects that are not so obvious to me and how they can be useful.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

After a quick whiz through the presets last nite (with a boring drumloop), I fell in love with this thing.

The RH is very cool, and I love the fact that it's got a Mix control for wet/dry.

I'm gonna have fun with this - when I get the time.

:D

Very nice indeed!

Trev
http://guido.wusik.com

Chorley FM coming in your ears

Return to “Effects”