Waveform 13 coming

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think you're right, that sounds familiar.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Is he still involved with JUCE? I thought he was more into Cmajor development.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

No idea on that one, but wouldn't surprise me.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

"Watching and waiting, for something to play with"

havran wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:24 am "Watching and waiting, for something to play with"
Play with what you've already got....

Relying too heavily on expectation can often lead to disappointment :wink:
No auto tune...

I guess their marketing department just decided April 1st is the best day for release.

cjayconrod wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:55 pm Is everyone in this discussion new users? Waveform has never released on the scheduled date. There are a lot of infrastructure things that have to be setup in their online store: new SKUs, creating the upgrade pricing options for existing users, etc.
As a matter of fact I am new to Tracktion Waveform. But I've been buying music software since the mid 1980's.

Of course there are tasks involved when releasing any update but you factor them in to your release date. Sure things can go wrong at the last minute. But if you're saying that they never meet deadlines then I'm sorry that is just business incompetence or apathy.

I'm trying very hard to be a Waveform fanboi but missing a deadline that they hyped is not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the company.

If you can't make deadlines then don't hype them.

Tracktion.png

I'm not going to abandon WF over this. I'm not mad at them, I am embarrassed for them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:37 am
havran wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:24 am "Watching and waiting, for something to play with"
Play with what you've already got....
Relying too heavily on expectation can often lead to disappointment :wink:
Sorry but this is not on the end user. Disappointment comes from hyped expectations that are not met. That is on the company itself. Period.

I'm seeing a troubling trend where software developers are not being held to the same standards that any other businesses should be held to.

You don't go to a restaurant, get a bad meal with rude service and then praise them. You complain to the manager or you simply never go back. Otherwise they'll just keep serving bad food with poor service.

I'm not going to abandon either Waveform the DAW or Tracktion the company over this but I certainly don't respect them more because they set deadlines they can't make.

I don't think there is any way such an opinion could be controversial if one is able to think clearly.

I've said it a million times: Loyalty is good but blind loyalty serves no one.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah, I'm with Teksonilk all the way here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I agree. Unfortunately this will probably change me from an ‘instant buy’ on release to a ‘maybe buy’ after the 30 day trial expires.
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

rant
Not one or two or three but FOUR! FOUR STONES!
Four stones, four crates - Zero stones, ZERO CRATES!
I... am... VERY... DISAPPOINTED!
/rant

I agree with Teksonik 100%

On a personal note... I can wait for the next release... I do not depend on the new features to pay my bills or ship my next EP.

The hype issue? let me put it like this... you're a small content creator, no early access to new software version, so you've built a schedule around Tracktion's announcements... They don't deliver... now that schedule is broken... is it the end of the world? No, it is not. Would you think twice next time you think of covering Tracktion's software?... You sure will.

I believe you get my point...

I want to support companies that develop for all three mayor platforms, Windows, MacOS AND Linux.
Waveform's workflow is IMHO one of the best.
so this time...
I'll give them a multipass :)
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

Guys, am I correct:
1. the fact that they ingnore support tickets and start to fix just small and insignificant bugs of W12 just two weeks before the release of W13 [OK]
2. the fact they delay the release of W13 [Not OK, less loyalty]

Vollofi wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:06 pm Guys, am I correct:
1. the fact that they ingnore support tickets and start to fix just small and insignificant bugs of W12 just two weeks before the release of W13 [OK]
2. the fact they delay the release of W13 [Not OK, less loyalty]
Yes I believe you're correct.

Adding to #2 ... They've pushed the release of Dawesome's Myth from March 23rd to April "something"... because of a big release...

I'm wondering if something went wrong in the final build process trying to implement those latest bug fixes...
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

You shouldn't have given you the date. No one asked for it. But if you gave a date, you should try to do it.
The most important thing is that there is not even a word from the developers. Just the phrase "we're running out of time" would have sufficed.

Kido wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:26 pm You shouldn't have given you the date. No one asked for it. But if you gave a date, you should try to do it.
The most important thing is that there is not even a word from the developers. Just the phrase "we're running out of time" would have sufficed.
You are right, but the "reputation" of the devs is well known long before this.
So, don't be surprised.

Return to “Tracktion”