Thread Title Fonts Screwed Up

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 pm
Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:39 pm
db3 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm I'm running Chrome full screen on 21.5-inch retina (4096 x 2304).
There are 2 different issues here:
- The "About:" issue which can be disabled in the forum preferences
- The low resolution issue for which the only solution is to buy a new monitor.
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:23 pm 1280 x 1024
To be honest, 1280x1024 is a resolution from the Windows 98/XP era. You can't expect websites to be compatible with it in 2021. I can't even imagine working in a DAW at such a low resolution.
It's like people sticking to Windows XP and then complain because none of the latest plugins are compatible with it.

For $100 you can buy a full HD (1920x1080) screen these days, that's less than most VST plugins.
Um, excuse me, the guy's running 4096 x 2304 and HE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM.

Sheesh.
Nope, that's the other problem which can be easily fixed by enabling "don't show related products" in the forum settings to disable the "About:".

This is how it looks for me with "About:" enabled:
AboutON.jpg
And this with "About:" disabled:
AboutOFF.jpg
This problem has nothing to do with screen resolution.

Sheesh :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Reefius on Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:39 pm Edge is now Chromium based so that's a clue.

Making the change mentioned on the last page fixed the issue in Edge here. I never use Edge but I don't think it can be uninstalled any longer.
i hardly use the computer for kvr or internet in general.
it's in a room filled with synths, guitars and fx :shrug:

ill have a look if the fix you mention sorts it next time im in there.
cheers.

Well, no problems here on iPad ( newest iOS version ).
However, sometimes when reading some threads I wish I would have these problems.
Gives everything a psychodelic touch... :love:
Just lovin' it! :tu:

Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:11 pm Nope, that's the other problem which can be easily fixed by enabling "don't show related products" in the forum settings to disable the "About:".
OK thanks, that did fix the issue I was seeing. Must have been some change they made to the board recently.

Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:11 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 pm
Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:39 pm
db3 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm I'm running Chrome full screen on 21.5-inch retina (4096 x 2304).
There are 2 different issues here:
- The "About:" issue which can be disabled in the forum preferences
- The low resolution issue for which the only solution is to buy a new monitor.
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:23 pm 1280 x 1024
To be honest, 1280x1024 is a resolution from the Windows 98/XP era. You can't expect websites to be compatible with it in 2021. I can't even imagine working in a DAW at such a low resolution.
It's like people sticking to Windows XP and then complain because none of the latest plugins are compatible with it.

For $100 you can buy a full HD (1920x1080) screen these days, that's less than most VST plugins.
Um, excuse me, the guy's running 4096 x 2304 and HE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM.

Sheesh.
Nope, that's the other problem which can be easily fixed by enabling "don't show related products" in the forum settings to disable the "About:".

This is how it looks for me with "About:" enabled:

AboutON.jpg

And this with "About:" disabled:

AboutOFF.jpg

This problem has nothing to do with screen resolution.

Sheesh :P
Well, I'm still not getting a new monitor. I'll wait until somebody fixes whatever is broken.

As Reefius has stated there are two different problems. One is solved by a settings adjustment in your KVR account and that one has been reported by several people but so far I've only seen Wagtunes report the other issue.

I don't think it's just resolution as my laptop runs at 1366x768 and it displays fine in Edge (after selecting "don't show related products" in my KVR settings).
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:04 pm Well, I'm still not getting a new monitor. I'll wait until somebody fixes whatever is broken.
Please tell me you're not still running that 17" monitor because you don't have room for a bigger one?

:?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:14 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:39 pm Edge is now Chromium based so that's a clue.

Making the change mentioned on the last page fixed the issue in Edge here. I never use Edge but I don't think it can be uninstalled any longer.
i hardly use the computer for kvr or internet in general.
it's in a room filled with synths, guitars and fx :shrug:

ill have a look if the fix you mention sorts it next time im in there.
cheers.
I hardly ever use my Android devices for posting at KVR. I have a separate internet computer.

Come to think of it I do use Edge on my studio computer but that's only for product registration and updates. It never surfs the net or checks emails etc.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:56 pm I don't think it's just resolution as my laptop runs at 1366x768 and it displays fine in Edge (after selecting "don't show related products" in my KVR settings).
Maybe 1366 is the minimum width for the site to display properly? Try making your Edge window a little smaller. On my screen it starts to look messed up if I bring the width of my Chrome window down to about 1200 pixels.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:04 pm Well, I'm still not getting a new monitor.
Try making your browser window even smaller. I know it sounds crazy but at a certain point the website switches to mobile view (no sidebar so the forum is actually wider).

Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:31 pm Maybe 1366 is the minimum width for the site to display properly? Try making your Edge window a little smaller. On my screen it starts to look messed up if I bring the width of my Chrome window down to about 1200 pixels.
Hmmm on my laptop if I shrink down the window to a certain point in Edge it does mess up the thread title but only that one UVI Falcon thread. At full screen everything is fine.

But as you say if I shrink it down even more then the sidebar disappears and the thread title is fine again.

It's got to be a resolution + screen size or window size issue.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:56 pm As Reefius has stated there are two different problems. One is solved by a settings adjustment in your KVR account and that one has been reported by several people but so far I've only seen Wagtunes report the other issue.

I don't think it's just resolution as my laptop runs at 1366x768 and it displays fine in Edge (after selecting "don't show related products" in my KVR settings).
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:04 pm Well, I'm still not getting a new monitor. I'll wait until somebody fixes whatever is broken.
Please tell me you're not still running that 17" monitor because you don't have room for a bigger one?

:?
Okay, let's finally put this to rest once and for all.

Here is a screen print I took of my setup off a video I made from my web cam.

The monitor is sitting on an old PC case. If you look carefully, it has a 3.5 inch floppy drive. It's currently empty.

To the right is my tower. To the right of that is another computer. In front of that computer is my keyboard controller. All the computer stuff is sitting on a table just wide enough to hold everything.

To the left of the monitor is a wall. You can see how close the wall is to the monitor.

All of this is in a small corner of my living room.

The only way I'm fitting a larger monitor in this space is if I move my entire setup to another part of the house. That would mean moving in down to the basement as there is no room anywhere else in the house for anything. That I have THIS much room is a miracle.

Okay, so can we please drop this once and for all?

Are you in jail for crimes against speaker placement?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:19 am Are you in jail for crimes against speaker placement?
It's the only place I have to put them.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:56 am Okay, let's finally put this to rest once and for all.
It's kind of hard to put it to rest when your setup may be the cause of the problem you're reporting in this thread.

How many other people are running a 17" desktop monitor in 2021 ?

Maybe that's why you're having the issue and others are not.

Yes other people did have the "about" issue but that's easily solved by a settings adjustment in your KVR account.

I'm sorry that you're apparently locked into position but if it's the cause of your problem then there is nothing anyone else can do.

But in the end just use Firefox for KVR and your problem is solved.

There is no law that says your PC tower needs to stand on your desk. Why not put it on the floor?

Return to “Site Stuff”