VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:09 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm
AnX wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:31 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 pm
AnX wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:49 pmhave to say though, having only 8 voice poly as a selling point in 2019 sucks balls
Max poly can be increased in instrument properties if you use full Reaktor.
so i need to buy reaktor... that bumps the price up to....?

:roll:
Well.. buying Reaktor for this alone would be overkill. If you're out for gazillions of ensembles, and a great sounding modular synth, which literally lets you do anything though...

indeed, buying reaktor to up polyphony is overkill, and very expensive.

i cant imagine why anyone would suggest it
because anyone serious about music production/playing/composition/anything...
already owns reakor. at least the smart ones...

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:15 pm
AnX wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:49 pmhave to say though, having only 8 voice poly as a selling point in 2019 sucks balls

Well.. buying Reaktor for this alone would be overkill. If you're out for gazillions of ensembles, and a great sounding modular synth, which literally lets you do anything though...

Why isnt there a popcorn emoticon here? :hihi:

you don't have to buy reaktor. the very first words out of the mouth were "plays in free reaktor player". you will have to install all that software manager to use it tho.

:popcorn:

v1o wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 pm
Stefken wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:52 pm I don't think filling a void is NI problem. It's lack of innovation in product design.
Lack of innovation? Several of their Reaktor synths use novel methods of sound generation that you don’t generally find any where outside of maybe academic circles.

There’s a reason why they use Reaktor. It’s the right tool for the job.
I meant more from a platform point of view.
They keep adding stuff to reaktor, kontakt... but on a platform level there are not many changes.
Different samples, different reaktor synths.
but they don't change their processes. Same old, same old.

If you look at Arturia. Their gui"s used to be pretty bad. Now they have a top framework for their gui's. Sound emulation was just so so but now it is on a good level.

I mean: only in this thread alone there are several people that refuse to use reaktor. Then do something about its usability. If users complain, there is usually a reason for it. ( generally speaking, in KVR it's a sport 😁). Like: if you release a synth, provide an object that people can drag and drop like a vst.
Last edited by Stefken on Thu May 02, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mickbenjamins wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 pm
vurt wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Why isnt there a popcorn emoticon here? :hihi:
seems there is... above
however :monocle: still doesn't work :cry:

Dasheesh wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 pm you don't have to buy reaktor. the very first words out of the mouth were "plays in free reaktor player". you will have to install all that software manager to use it tho.
That‘s the frightening thing in this thread:
A lot of aversion and antipathy expressed without properly checking the facts. Opinions without knowing the facts or demoing it... :scared:
Not a highlight of KVR. :roll:

martinjuenke wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:23 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 pm you don't have to buy reaktor. the very first words out of the mouth were "plays in free reaktor player". you will have to install all that software manager to use it tho.
A lot of aversion and antipathy expressed without properly checking the facts. Opinions without knowing the facts or demoing it... :scared:
the discussion about full reaktor, was about being able to increase polyphony, not that you need it to use the synth.
should check the facts before you post :P

I, on the other hand, love Reaktor - it's probably one of the best audio tools you can buy. No problems with Reaktor synths and effects either.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0degree wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:30 pm I, on the other hand, love Reaktor - it's probably one of the best audio tools you can buy. No problems with Reaktor synths and effects either.
see.
this guy.
this guy, gets it.

8)

Vortifex wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 pm Why is that guy doing the voiceover on almost every plugin demo vid?
Reuben Cornell? Because that's what he does. :)

vurt wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:28 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:23 pm
the discussion about full reaktor, was about being able to increase polyphony, not that you need it to use the synth.
should check the facts before you post :P
Yeah... what he said :x :hihi:

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:02 pm This should just be free for Komplete owners.
I bet this will end up in Komplete 13. It's not a gamechanger by any means, but a great intro synth for new musicans.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Stefken wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:21 pm
v1o wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 pm
Stefken wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:52 pm I don't think filling a void is NI problem. It's lack of innovation in product design.
Lack of innovation? Several of their Reaktor synths use novel methods of sound generation that you don’t generally find any where outside of maybe academic circles.

There’s a reason why they use Reaktor. It’s the right tool for the job.
I meant more from a platform point of view.
They keep adding stuff to reaktor, kontakt... but on a platform level not many changes.
Different samples, different reaktor synths.
but they don't change their processes. Same old, same old.

If you look at Arturia. Their gui"s used to be pretty bad. Now they have a top framework for their gui's. Sound emulation was just so so but now it is on a good level.
Reaktor is pretty powerful, the processes under the hood are up to the builders talent. Monark is just as good as anything coded in C. Not everyone likes Arturia GUIs, I don’t think they are very useable with their faux 3D perspective and the skeuomorphic design wastes much screen real estate.

If NI wanted they could package Reaktor synths as VSTs not requiring use of Reaktor player. That should be possible for the team at NI with some extra work.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”