RELATED
PRODUCTS

[nevermind]

Fannon wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:45 am Ok, its now live
Their audio demos sound like garbage and it's "on sale" for $109 lol

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:53 pm
Fannon wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:45 am Ok, its now live
Their audio demos sound like garbage and it's "on sale" for $109 lol
There’s a demo you can download, I’m withholding judgment until I try it out, the idea is interesting, I’m just wondering why this better than taking found sound and cutting it up in a DAw…

Whatever it is it isn’t part of XO

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:06 pm Whatever it is it isn’t part of XO
lots of similarities, I’m wondering they aren’t thinking about integration at some point?

machinesworking wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:10 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:06 pm Whatever it is it isn’t part of XO
lots of similarities, I’m wondering they aren’t thinking about integration at some point?
That would involve them remembering XO, which they seem incapable of doing.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

machinesworking wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:00 pm … I’m just wondering why this better than taking found sound and cutting it up in a DAw…
Without even testing I guess that there is some ai model that categories the cut up sounds, so the generated patterns make sense rythmically instead of domething random. Soo its supposedly better if you want to keep generating until you find something instead of doing it manually. But maybe I got the videos wrong.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:17 pm
Yep, too true. :dog: I've been waiting for years for variable beat length in the sequencer.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:17 pm
When I saw the teaser email, I thought it could be something like pattenarium, but for XO.

XO really needs some love. It’s missing features to make it more useful.

Life… weird name for an AI based tool. Even more strange it wasn’t built in to XO. That’s seems like a missed opportunity for a paid upgrade.

It looks fun, but not at the price they’re asking for.

In the comment section of their Life introduction video, XLN at least replied positively to the question if XO and AD2 will get updates too. Let's hope for that :)
elxsound wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:44 am Life… weird name for an AI based tool. Even more strange it wasn’t built in to XO. That’s seems like a missed opportunity for a paid upgrade.
Yeah, that would have been cool. Then XO could not only work with One Shots, but also slice longer loops / sounds down to one shots and categorize them. I would not be surprised if the AI in Life isn't the same one they have in XO to categorize the samples. The Sound and Pattern variations and the macros seem to be more based on randomness / heuristics. That part seems to me like the most innovative part about this plugin.

Life is even more limited than XO, that it only has 4 "drum triggers" with 8 samples/slices at most. What I do like is that they now have round robin. This really looks like they took features that should have gone into XO3 and made a very trimmed down new plugin out of it, focused on ...
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

I was expecting them to improve XO...

I wish there would be a VST with Atlas' features and XO's sorting algorithm.

XO is best for sorting sounds while Atlas has very fun features like "randomize all".

XO could and should be updated with more features for sure, what it is today is quite limited.

i wont buy anything from this company so far. their plugins are really well but they update their plugins not really sadly. i expected them to enhance XO for example but their move with LIFE shows that they are better selling expensive stuff seperately and shifting to cloud crap.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yeah, we needed XO version 2 more than Life.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:56 pm Yeah, we needed XO version 2 more than Life.
...And now more than ever we need an XO 2 which is "larger than LIFE" (sorry, couldn't resist :D)

- Mario

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I am not sure what forums the XLN team monitor, so I submitted this on their website at https://support.xlnaudio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (https://support.xlnaudio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) It has a category for feature requests and feedback.

I would really like to see an update to XO with support for :

1) Other time signatures. At least adding (user choice)/4 would be an intermediate step so that we can choose the bar length we need. Ideal would be to let us choose numerator and denominator.

2)  Patterns other than AB and AAAB. Give us a key switch to move between them. Ideal would be to also give us patterns C and D.

3) Give us 16 slots and let us rename them. 

4) Expose the "Host Sync" and Preset selection functions so that they can be automated and controlled by midi cc.

Return to “Instruments”