how can you get WinAmp to play at the same time a VST host is running?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bibz1st wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:28 pm Voicemeeter Banana or Voicemeeter Matrix will do it, a little tricky to set up but it works.
I went to Voicemeeter Banana (silly name) for essentially the OP's reason, plus it also adds many other useful functions. Very handy.
Last edited by rj0 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

dup

Just retracking what everyone else has said.

A decent soundcard that provides it's own asio. A decent soundcard with it's own asio will allow for faster more responsive playback of your midi input.

Get a DAW so you can run audio and midi in a singular environment. There are plenty of entry level daws for free. Yes it could be a slight learning curve. While you are having fun playing your midi instrument you might find the content worthy of saving and improving on.

My DAW is open all the time (except for reboots) I usually have more than a few bread and butter virtual instruments athand ready to go. I can play along with streaming music and I can simply drop beats into an audio or midi track and play along with that. It's not as hard as it seems and you may find yourself creating material that you wish to share with others rather than just play and forget.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 pm Especially as some of them are so dirt cheap... E.g.: https://www.thomann.de/de/steinberg_ur12_black.htm

Note that that particular interface only has chinch outs though.
how many calories? eat up.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”