Logic Pro for iPad Announced! (subscription)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

masterhiggins wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:46 pm $29 for fabfilter
I didn't know they did subscription?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:06 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:46 pm $29 for fabfilter
I didn't know they did subscription?
$4.99 a month (or $50 a year) as others have commented gets you the DAW, the FX and the virtual instruments - everything you need, no other subscription required...sounds like they will also do monthly/regular content updates. For someone starting out with an iPAD for making music you will have all of the 'pro' level tools you need for next to nothing.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:10 pm For someone starting out with an iPAD for making music you will have all of the 'pro' level tools you need for next to nothing.
exactly...

Yeah after thinking about it some more, I think a lot of companies will simply fizzle out or get acquired.

well i am looking forward to trying it out. imo it has to be better than cubasis and garageband on the ipad and i already own the fab plugs so i am clearing room to install it for at least 30 days lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

SLiC wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:10 pm$4.99 a month (or $50 a year) as others have commented gets you the DAW, the FX and the virtual instruments - everything you need, no other subscription required...
$75 got me Studio One with all the effects you're ever likely to need plus enough instruments to do anything you like, plus tonnes of content, and I have all that FOREVER.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

For your iPad…?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:18 am For your iPad…?
Yeah, mr @bones hanging in the Logic Pro for iPad, BUT, just talking desktop software… Hmmm…

Pretty tired on all people hanging in iPad threads and talking about wrong topic, and, also, think that iPad is useless for music making…
Fine, leave us alone, continue use your desktop software, meanwhile we others having great time with Logic Pro (and tons of other great software on iPad)…

BONES wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:26 am
SLiC wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:10 pm$4.99 a month (or $50 a year) as others have commented gets you the DAW, the FX and the virtual instruments - everything you need, no other subscription required...
$75 got me Studio One with all the effects you're ever likely to need plus enough instruments to do anything you like, plus tonnes of content, and I have all that FOREVER.
I don't want anything 'forever', so dull. :lol:

Also this thread is about a DAW on the 'IPad', for people who 'want' to use the iPad as a portable DAW- as far as I am aware S1 isn't on the iPad (although I have Notation on the iPad and that is pretty good especially with the Apple pen)

To me its an insignificant amount of money and I am happy to pay it, in fact I cant wait to pay it...bring it on. :hyper:

Keeps checking AppStore….

SLiC wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 amTo me its an insignificant amount of money and I am happy to pay it, in fact I cant wait to pay it...bring it on. :hyper:
In true Applyte fashion. Well done, you. OTOH, I'd rather spend my money on beer and resent every penny that goes to anything else.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:59 am
SLiC wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 amTo me its an insignificant amount of money and I am happy to pay it, in fact I cant wait to pay it...bring it on. :hyper:
In true Applyte fashion. Well done, you. OTOH, I'd rather spend my money on beer and resent every penny that goes to anything else.
I'm a PC guy, but don't worry, I have more money than I know what to do with- I'm literally running out of things to spend it on, thank god for Apple :wink:

Bones you are on an Logic for iPad thread. You don’t like Apple or respect their users it would seem, you don’t use Logic and you dislike subscriptions. You must have something better to do than to derail yet another thread. This is big news for mobile iOS music makers. Let them enjoy it.

BONES wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:59 am

Stop feeding the angry man; he just gets angrier and as funny as it is, it tends not to add much to the conversation

I'm pretty sure the conversion will take off in a more positive direction once it launched.

A s an aside I just bought one of these https://apogeedigital.com/products/jamx as an IO to get my guitar in to Logic iPad, with this and ToneX/Amplitube it will be a pretty cool guitar based 'Potastudio' - any other guitar players going to try this as an FX/recording platform?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”