Steinberg releases my sound library Granular Symphonies for Padshop Pro

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guillermo Navarrete wrote:Hello Simon,
Sampleconstruct wrote:Thank's for the info, Guillermo - my mailbox was overflowing with ""Why does it not..." - "Where do I..." - "What is wrong with..."-mails, now I can pass this info along and pretend I'm the Steinberg support :) (actually not so funny really...)
Sorry to hear about that, you can always refer those cases to me or to the Steinberg support.

Best regards,
GN
Well, quite a few patchpool customers who already contacted Steinberg support and didn't get an immediate answer then contacted me as they were of course burning to try the new library they just purchased, so I couldn't really send them back to Steinberg support were they just came from :)

But things have settled down a bit now as the issue seems to be solved, or at least there is a workaround/solution.

Granular Symphonies are definetly recommend besides all other Stuff Simon has made :wink:

btw don't miss to read the Interview as well

http://www.steinberg.net/en/artists/sto ... ausen.html

well done and congrats again

DrumAddict wrote:Granular Symphonies are definetly recommend besides all other Stuff Simon has made :wink:

btw don't miss to read the Interview as well

http://www.steinberg.net/en/artists/sto ... ausen.html

well done and congrats again
Thank you :)

I feel like a dolt, but I just installed Cubase Artist (using it for the first time) and Granular Symphonies on OSX (Mountain Lion 10.8.5) and I can't confirm in Padshop wether it recognizes the new patches or not. The paths posted above don't follow for me. In Padshop, all the patches are listed in one giant list so its really hard to figure out which patches are G. Symphonies and which are not.

thanks for any help here and sorry for such a naive question...

killmaster wrote:I feel like a dolt, but I just installed Cubase Artist (using it for the first time) and Granular Symphonies on OSX (Mountain Lion 10.8.5) and I can't confirm in Padshop wether it recognizes the new patches or not. The paths posted above don't follow for me. In Padshop, all the patches are listed in one giant list so its really hard to figure out which patches are G. Symphonies and which are not.

thanks for any help here and sorry for such a naive question...
Use the search function in that huge browser, type in e.g. "Simon Stockhausen" or "Granular Symphonies" and see what comes up. There is also a dedicated browser for each Plugin in Cubase but I use Cubase too seldom to be qualified as an expert.

When you open the patch browser there is a little box on the bottom left that will let you add the Filter panel.

When you have the filter panel open, you can set the columns to contain lots of different information. One of them is "Library Name"

Click in the column header and you should get a menu, you want
Audio - Assets -> Library Name
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

thank you all! both ways work great. Granular Symphonies installed fine afterall...

Looks interesting - but I wish there were more demos! I'm interested mostly in the how the orchestral instrument based patches sound - like the strings and horn, etc. Is there a way to demo the library? I know I was able to demo dark planet from steinberg just fine - which was AWESOME as I could play and recall any patch for 30 days!! Is this possible with Granular Symphonies?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote:Looks interesting - but I wish there were more demos! I'm interested mostly in the how the orchestral instrument based patches sound - like the strings and horn, etc. Is there a way to demo the library? I know I was able to demo dark planet from steinberg just fine - which was AWESOME as I could play and recall any patch for 30 days!! Is this possible with Granular Symphonies?
I don't think Steinberg allows for demoing sound libraries, so you would have to rely on the impression you get from my demos and videos (see first page of this thread).

any chance of more videos/demos? Maybe specifically focusing on the strings / brass?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote:any chance of more videos/demos? Maybe specifically focusing on the strings / brass?
Not from my side, I worked so much for this project, I've had it :)

Sorry to hear that. :(

Like others who've posted here, I rarely post about sound libraries.

This is one of the most gorgeous and inspiring libraries I've ever played! I spent a good long time just playing, in rapture really, with a couple of the cello patches last night. Simon's well-known, wonderful musical touch, imparted on this unique and far-reaching instrument, has created a real gem. Do not hesitate to get it - there has never been a more useful sample-based library, and at this price it is a ridiculously good value. Padshop Pro is an amazing instrument...there is nothing else quite like it. I really have taken to its combined granular power and programming simplicity.

I too had installation troubles on PC. I couldn't install the library to my separate drive. For me at least, what worked was running the installer as "administrator," installing for "all users," and allowing the installer to install to the default location. That last thing may not be necessary if the first two are adhered to. All sorted now, and well worth the effort!

Thanks again Simon for what is really another masterpiece.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Gonga wrote:Like others who've posted here, I rarely post about sound libraries.

This is one of the most gorgeous and inspiring libraries I've ever played! I spent a good long time just playing, in rapture really, with a couple of the cello patches last night. Simon's well-known, wonderful musical touch, imparted on this unique and far-reaching instrument, has created a real gem. Do not hesitate to get it - there has never been a more useful sample-based library, and at this price it is a ridiculously good value. Padshop Pro is an amazing instrument...there is nothing else quite like it. I really have taken to its combined granular power and programming simplicity.

Thanks again Simon for what is really another masterpiece.
What a great, uplifting read in the afternoon, after returning from a little nap to compensate for the insomnia at night. Thank you for the great feedback, very motivating it is!

As this is becoming a FAQ, here is a short statement about Granular Symphonies:
Simon wrote:Granular Symphonies is unique, I've never sampled so many instruments and musicians for a Sound Bank before and have never worked so long on a single project. There is no overlap with any of my other Banks besides my signature sound, the way I program and invent things.

Also I've never composed music for a Bank like I did for GS, writing out phrases and scales for the musicians and singers. All samples in GS are exclusively licensed to Steinberg and not used anywhere else.

So you get Duduk, Alto Flute, Bass Flute, Tenor Sax, Alto Sax, Soprano Sax, Overtone Singing (a different singer than in my Alchemy Bank MetaVox), soprano singing, various bells, some singing bowls (also filled with water), vibraphone )also bowed), Glockenspiel, various music boxes, some percussion and gongs, more electronic soundscapes and strange sounds - all derived from acoustic instruments, voices or field recordings.

Then you get cello, violin, brass (marching horn, similar to french horn) and whatnot. Not only sustained notes and different articulations like in normal sampling but full phrases, trills, tremolos, textures, arpeggios - which you can all shape extensively using the Modwheel and Aftertouch in Padshop Pro.

Return to “patchpool”