Latest release/build/beta

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the update.
Cheers,
Scott

This program keeps getting better and better :)

Thanks!

Working on a file format to save entire projects. It's meant to be easily editable with a text editor like WordPad. Just as in the screenshot, it's actually a 12 MB file on screen hehe.

Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Just saw that your WordPad is in french. It's good to know since if I need help someday, c'est plus facile pour moi de m'exprimer en francais qu'en anglais.

And keep up the fantastic work!

New version released. See top post for details and explanations.

xx JPRacer xx : hehe d'accord alors

A_SN wrote:New version released. See top post for details and explanations.
I hope you have plans to show these new operations in action.

d4l3d wrote:
A_SN wrote:New version released. See top post for details and explanations.
I hope you have plans to show these new operations in action.
I very much do indeed. I realised a long time ago that people don't buy Photosounder for what it can do or what I say it can do but rather for what I show them what to do and how.

I imagine the bulk of your audience (me included) is handicapped by a predominant audiovisual gene. I followed your top post description without a bit of trouble, visualizing all that you said and I'm sure, although it made perfect sense, I got it all wrong anyway. Looking forward to exploiting the difference between what I thought you meant and what you actually said.

d4l3d wrote:I imagine the bulk of your audience (me included) is handicapped by a predominant audiovisual gene. I followed your top post description without a bit of trouble, visualizing all that you said and I'm sure, although it made perfect sense, I got it all wrong anyway. Looking forward to exploiting the difference between what I thought you meant and what you actually said.
Or you could try what you understood and see how well it works ;)

I hope the program will become more stable soon.
It crashes every 5 - 10 minutes when using it... :(
ImageImage

WOK wrote:I hope the program will become more stable soon.
It crashes every 5 - 10 minutes when using it... :(
Doing what? It's rock solid here.

Video that shows some of the newest features used to synthesise instruments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjXp2KwW8U

Some very interesting capabilities there! I will have to see
if I can get some time to explore them more thoroughly. :-)
Cheers,
Scott

Wow, very nice! It's really a different sort of mentality to create sound but almost endless possibiliies.

Need more tutorials to open my mind, so far I only use Photosounder to slowdown and remove noise from wav and I know the program can do much more.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Wow, very nice! It's really a different sort of mentality to create sound but almost endless possibiliies.

Need more tutorials to open my mind, so far I only use Photosounder to slowdown and remove noise from wav and I know the program can do much more.
It is indeed a very different way to think about things, not just because of the image-based approach, but also because it doesn't use dedicated effects or anything, as in, you don't get a dialog just for EQing or anything, instead you get "operations", and the reason why they're called operations instead of effects is because on their own they don't make much sense, but used in combination with other operations and blending modes you can do pretty much anything one could imagine. So it's a much more open ended approach to editing, which is fitting here since the image-based approach is itself very open ended.

Anyway I need some help: I want to do an EQing video tutorial, but I have no idea what sample to use and what to do on it! So if anyone has a sample and wants something to be done on it, fire away! Bonus points if it's something somewhat tricky that one couldn't do without a spectrum analyser and a pretty flexible EQ, I'm trying to show that it can do a lot.

Actually what I have in mind is showing not just how to apply an EQ regardless of the sound it applies to, I also want to show how to directly edit the spectrum (seen as a curve, not as a spectrogram) by directly shaving bits off the curve by hand and what not (a bit like the way I edited the harmonics in the previous video).

Return to “Photosounder”