v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hey, when you have a phrase already on a track, then choose the action, "insert phrase container with browser selection" from the phrase inspector it consistently crashes..

Also, you have actions in the phrase inspector that should be in the track inspector. This will affect documentation in the long run..

Thanks, the crash with Insert Phrase Container has been fixed.
BluGenes wrote:Also, you have actions in the phrase inspector that should be in the track inspector. This will affect documentation in the long run..
Do you mean "Remove All Phrases In Track" and "Select All Phrases In Track"? I think these are phrase operations rather than track operations. I could insert the same in the track inspector if needed.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off RapidComposer - June 3 to 18

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:13 pm Thanks, the crash with Insert Phrase Container has been fixed.
BluGenes wrote:Also, you have actions in the phrase inspector that should be in the track inspector. This will affect documentation in the long run..
Do you mean "Remove All Phrases In Track" and "Select All Phrases In Track"? I think these are phrase operations rather than track operations. I could insert the same in the track inspector if needed.

Thanks!
Attila
I suppose it's subjective. hehe Just my opinion, but, a reference to the contents of the whole track implies a track operation, even though you are working with phrases. Not really a big issue, but, it would be a consistent feel..

I bring this up only because there is a major side affect to what I am doing with the videos.. It's a really positive thing, nothing bad at all.. lol.. I'll PM you when I have it done.. You will like this..

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:13 pm Do you mean "Remove All Phrases In Track" and "Select All Phrases In Track"? I think these are phrase operations rather than track operations. I could insert the same in the track inspector if needed.
In this case, having the same operation in two places seems sensible, given the two ways of looking at it.

Hi, Attila.

I recently downloaded the new beta 3.9b46 and want to try out the AU plugin (against LPX 10.4.5). I find myself at a bit of a loss because I'm not sure how the mapping to host works. Do you have a run through somewhere of how to get the mapping to work?

TIA .. m.
-- mark.

Hi Mark,

I can send you a MIDIFX version if you prefer using that.
You need to enable creation of MIDI ports which RapidComposer uses to send MIDI to LPX.
Click on Settings / Miscellaneous / "RapidComposer VST/VST3/AU" and look for "Audio Unit: Create Virtual MIDI Port".
Then you can assign these ports as an input for LPX tracks.

As I have learnt from Dewdman42 there are other ways of sending multichannel MIDI (even hundreds of channels!) to LPX but that requires a script and/or environment circuit editing in LPX. This will be supported later. At the moment we have to live with MIDI ports which are not sample accurate but quite precise for most cases.

Thanks,
Attila

mark5009 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:13 am Hi, Attila.

I recently downloaded the new beta 3.9b46 and want to try out the AU plugin (against LPX 10.4.5). I find myself at a bit of a loss because I'm not sure how the mapping to host works. Do you have a run through somewhere of how to get the mapping to work?

TIA .. m.

Folder Tracks Properties .. has variations and Midi CC's tabs

Also, yea a +1 on adding the select all phrase stuff to the track inspector too..

For the Russian people like me, who find difficult to read (at all :) ) Or for the people who do not work on everyday basis with RC, if it is not too difficult For Attila to implement this, slowly, in time, do you evaluate practical this kind of visual shortcuts, the pictographs below?
-Florin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am flexible and can be persuaded. :wink: I placed "select all phrases", "deselect all phrases" and "remove all phrases" to the track inspector as well.
Thanks,
Attila
sj1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:17 pm In this case, having the same operation in two places seems sensible, given the two ways of looking at it.

Hi Florin!

you made some nice graphics :tu:
You must have spent a lot of time with them.
I agree, it would be great to have pictograms for the actions.
At the moment I am converting all raster graphics to vector graphics, because everything must be flexible: everything should look good with any font size. At the moment font heights from 11 pixels to 28 pixels can be used but this is just a selection offered to users; in theory the UI works well with any font size, so this would be difficult to achieve by using raster graphics. I designed some vector graphics for RC but I am not a graphic artist (but I am getting better and better ;) )

Thanks,
Attila
florious wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:32 pm For the Russian people like me, who find difficult to read (at all :) ) Or for the people who do not work on everyday basis with RC, if it is not too difficult For Attila to implement this, slowly, in time, do you evaluate practical this kind of visual shortcuts, the pictographs below?
-Florin

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 am Hi Mark,

I can send you a MIDIFX version if you prefer using that.
You need to enable creation of MIDI ports which RapidComposer uses to send MIDI to LPX.
Click on Settings / Miscellaneous / "RapidComposer VST/VST3/AU" and look for "Audio Unit: Create Virtual MIDI Port".
Then you can assign these ports as an input for LPX tracks.
Thanks for your reply, Attila, however I'm missing something. Here's what I've done:

- created track 1 with RC
- set the switch in the AU to create virtual MIDI ports
- created track 2 with string library (it works)
- set MIDI Channel on track 2 to "2"
- dropped an arpeggiator onto the RC channel 2 track
- hit play

But I get nothing. Clearly I'm missing a step...

Also, I've been out of the loop for a while. What is the MIDIFX version?

Thanks again

..m.
-- mark.

deleted

Hi Mark,

I never really understood the logic of Logic Pro X, probably never will. Simple tasks like sending MIDI events from one track to the other (which is so easy in Reaper or Studio One) is a nightmare.
When you enable creation of MIDI ports, you have to close the plug-in to save the settings, so MIDI ports will be created next time the plug-in is loaded. You should see a "RapidComposer Out" port in the environment window that you can send to instrument tracks.
I found an old thread about using MIDI ports in LPX:
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... p?t=116416

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:01 pm I never really understood the logic of Logic Pro X, probably never will.
Thanks, Attila. Got it going. It was restarting the plugin that did the trick.

As for LPX, I agree with you, it is a mess. A powerful mess, but a mess. Unfortunately, it has film scoring features that S1 doesn't support. Perhaps I need to relook at REAPER and see how it is faring these days...

Kind regards .. m.
-- mark.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”