Current Launch v2 - A new instrument platform by Minimal Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_leras wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:47 am]

For the sounds I was hearing, I kept wanting to take the FX and try and find what was causing the odd spacial effect I was hearing...

What did you try? Did you turn off the reverb? Delay? Chorus? Distortion?

Quick update on my demo situation - support got back to me within 24 hours and reset my trial. Top job :tu:

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:52 am

For the sounds I was hearing, I kept wanting to take the FX and try and find what was causing the odd spacial effect I was hearing...

Yeah all of those. The delay didn't seem too unusual. The reverb has its own vibe, and maybe it was the fuse compressor that really has some large effect pulling out and accentuating parts of the sound...

I haven't gone back for a second look yet tbh, so just the 30-40 mins of messing around with it, so I only have a first impression, not a full view.

_leras wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:36 pm

Yeah all of those. The delay didn't seem too unusual. The reverb has its own vibe, and maybe it was the fuse compressor that really has some large effect pulling out and accentuating parts of the sound...

I haven't gone back for a second look yet tbh, so just the 30-40 mins of messing around with it, so I only have a first impression, not a full view.
So you were still getting that odd spatial effect with only the compressor active?

_leras wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:36 pm

It could be that unison is on on the oscillators that spreads the sound by default.

It could also be the stereo spread on the filters.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

So, I just got the email today about sound updates etc, and how new things will be added every month.
When signed up to All Access - Is the idea that we should download all these updates, so they're local when we need them?
If disk space isn't an issue (although it would be nice to specify a location for the sounds, other than the default on C:) I guess this is better than downloading things as you need them or want to preview them.
- Is there a way to "download everything new this month" with one button?
- Then what becomes of all this stuff if we end our All Access? I guess we're still deciding which are the "factory sounds" and which are additional? will there be a way to delete all the "non factory" sounds in the future?

I'm relaxed if we don't actually know the answers to these questions yet - just wondering ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Sorry if I missed it, but anything announced about the standalone "Polar" (the version of Rift within Current) as far as release date?

Del
Last edited by swilow11 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's the proposed stream release schedule for presets / samples etc? A single pack of each a month?

jbraner wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:03 pm So, I just got the email today about sound updates etc, and how new things will be added every month.
When signed up to All Access - Is the idea that we should download all these updates, so they're local when we need them?
If disk space isn't an issue (although it would be nice to specify a location for the sounds, other than the default on C:) I guess this is better than downloading things as you need them or want to preview them.
- Is there a way to "download everything new this month" with one button?
- Then what becomes of all this stuff if we end our All Access? I guess we're still deciding which are the "factory sounds" and which are additional? will there be a way to delete all the "non factory" sounds in the future?

I'm relaxed if we don't actually know the answers to these questions yet - just wondering ;)
They release new sounds as preset packs and you can see the packs across the top in the stream window. You can download all from there for a new pack if you want to.

Could you please tell me Where exactly is the factory content stored in a Windows computer?
I dont have much space on system drive and want to create a symlink to install it on another drive.

Thanks in advance

Oly_Spart wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:04 pm Could you please tell me Where exactly is the factory content stored in a Windows computer?
I dont have much space on system drive and want to create a symlink to install it on another drive.

Thanks in advance
C:\ProgramData\Minimal\Current\Factory
I'd also like an option to designate where the factory content gets installed. It's not huge but nearly 2GB is not exactly negligible on my laptop.

While I'm at it, I'd love an option to swap a wavetable engine with some very basic sample playback or something. The sub osc makes Current a fantastic drum synth. I'd like to be able to just drop a foley sound on one of the wavetable slots for some texture. Even a noise generator would be a welcome change.

Minimal Audio was the biggest pleasant surpriseof 2023 for me. Discovered them during the Christmas sale and I've just been having a blast with this stuff. These plugins are so well thought out and feature rich.

So I listened to their new "Cinematic Bass" presets and... there's only one I actually like. I don't hate it as much as I did Cinematic Pads, but this still sounds more like neuro DNB or whatever than cinematic, which makes me think Minimal Audio is just using their in-house neuro/DNB/whatever sound designers. Other developers are wise enough to hire outside sound designers who specialize in different styles---especially cinematic. The synth architecture for Current seems promising (except that weak flat reverb, which may be good for some weird stuff but doesn't sound good on most synth sounds, or even on most of these presets).

I am RTO'ing Current so have access to a lot of the extra sample content in the 'Stream'. If I create a preset that uses a sample that isn't part of the factory set:
1. Am I allowed to share it to people that only have factory samples?
2. Will it work for people that only have factory samples?

Hope that makes sense.

Return to “Instruments”