Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Who should they take serious in this case? The handful of people who argue that MX's aliasing is inacceptable, or the handful of people who argue that it's within the norm?

What about the mass of people who buy MX, use it, and never have an issue with anything in it. See how difficult this all gets? Again, i'm sure NI know very well where's room to improve, and where isn't.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:49 pm Who should they take serious in this case? The handful of people who argue that MX's aliasing is inacceptable, or the handful of people who argue that it's within the norm?
I think that whatever the case may be, NI should strive to make EVERYTHING in MX best in class, whether you agree with the analysis of the aliasing or not. And if they do have a good reason for a feature limitation, then they should explain why in some official capacity, such as U-he explaining that Hive 2 lacks audio rate modulation to keep cpu and complexity low.

The question is, why did people believe that they didn't strive to make MX the best in the first place (or, at least, tried to do so)? :) Answer: Because a ill-informed Youtuber said so. Bummer.

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:41 pm if the lfos dont do 1million hertz! then i will destroy the wooooooorld!

muhahaha!
1 MHz? You're going to use Massive X to generate pirate AM radio transmissions, aren't you? :D
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Perhaps it'll be better when we get Melda's Multiband version:

you get to choose what you buy; the seller doesn't have to explain anything (altho it's great when developers show up here with explanations, promises of fixes, etc).

but what about the 6 music-makers who don't live on kvr forums? :D

check the specs, try the demo. use the plugin. if you decide to buy it, cool. if not... that's cool too. and if there are problems (and there often are), contact the developer.

i want to make music, not dissect a frog ('frog', in this case, being a plugin; or in this specific case, massive X). discussion is great! whining is zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

The reality is, if you look on any music forum -- even the most popular ones -- the supposed "influencers" in a thread is maybe three or four people complaining.

The "AVX riot" on the NI Forum? Basically three people, whining loudly about their mistake buying Apple hardware. ;)

Meanwhile, outside the forums, there are thousands of people (thousands, not millions; MI industry is VERY small, even with all the producer/dj hangers-on) who've never been on the forums, and operate either via word of mouth with friends or by seeing info on the software and hardware manufacturers' web pages. Period.

The internet gives everyone the impression they're on stage and screaming out to billions; it ain't true.

We're just a small, particle of dust in the universe anyways. Nothing we say or do matters, at all.

So, just enjoy, and get over yourself, if you're feeling full of it.

McLilith wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:59 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:41 pm if the lfos dont do 1million hertz! then i will destroy the wooooooorld!

muhahaha!
1 MHz? You're going to use Massive X to generate pirate AM radio transmissions, aren't you? :D
if i cant use it to make music then i shall use it to broadcast music :)

Functional wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:36 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:28 pm Tbh it's not any alleged aliasing that people should be bothered about, it's the lack of basic features and functionality in a so-called next generation flagship synth. The video by Composing Gloves linked earlier was bang on.
Most of us are pretty much in agreement that there's lots of stuff currently that's missing and that's needed pronto. Midi learn and user manual for example. There's just not much of a point in discussing on a matter that we all agree on, now is there? It's not like we can set up a plan to fix it.

The sadowick saga however is interesting matter because it holds larger implications about the whole educational side of youtube and its potential to mislead people be it intentionally or unintentionally
Yes, someone seeing aliasing when it's (probably) not, is so much more an issue than say foreign countries influencing elections and politics via fake social media posts. We sure have our priorities straight.

(Yep, still not blocked).

It's a nice synth and all it does seem kinda 'chunky" to me, sluggish and choppy. I also wish they had a bigger and more diverse collection of factory presets to showcase the power this synth can do.

the big question is do ni know their adverts come up on some of the questionable shite i scour for samples on the tubes...?

do ni endorse flat earth?

Urs wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Man, you crack me up. I just said - in nice words - that the lack of a user manual and the unintuitive interface prevent me from further testing. How's that for an unbiased thought?
He didn't mention the tunnel between the NI offices and u-he though, Urs. The secret's still safe...

ew
A spectral heretic...

muhahaha!
Promise? :hyper:

ew
A spectral heretic...

BennyLucassi wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:15 pm It's a nice synth and all it does seem kinda 'chunky" to me, sluggish and choppy. I also wish they had a bigger and more diverse collection of factory presets to showcase the power this synth can do.
316 presets isn't enough (or diverse enough)?

Return to “Instruments”