Let's talk reaktor 6.4

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor Reaktor Player

Just a heads up we added a new block to the free User Blocks Pack -->

Table - A block that has 2 tables that you can write and read to.

The block features:
  • 2 separate tables
  • Each table can have between 1 and 1024 'storage cells'
  • Independent read and write locations
  • All parameters are modulateable
  • 8 morphable snapshot locations
  • Gate generator
  • Randomiser
  • Undo / Redo
It's is a real Swiss Army knife: it can be used to draw or record modulation, as a drawable audio-rate oscillator, as part of a generative music patch, for recording and storing notes of a sequence, generating clocks etc...

You can grab the updated 'User Blocks Pack' HERE

Also there is a SALE for September with all packs and bundles 30% off --> enter the code TOYBOXSEPTEMBER at the checkout

Image.
Last edited by David@TOYBOX on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just got this today. Is there a way to very very simply get an oscillator to act as an LFO? I know there are pre-built LFO's but I want to create the most simple LFO possible from the pieces available. I don't even need to be able to adjust the LFO. I just want to to connect an oscillator to the amplitude control input of a mixer to create a simple tremelo for learning purposes.

Regardless of whether or not I get a response, time to go read the manual!

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:38 am Just got this today. Is there a way to very very simply get an oscillator to act as an LFO? I know there are pre-built LFO's but I want to create the most simple LFO possible from the pieces available. I don't even need to be able to adjust the LFO. I just want to to connect an oscillator to the amplitude control input of a mixer to create a simple tremelo for learning purposes.

Hey briefcasemanx, not sure which packs you have but the Toybox Free Pack is a great way to start! I don't have time to give you even a starter lesson in modular synthesis this morning unfortunately but all you really need to know at this point is probably LFO and oscillators are ultimately the same thing, it's just LFOs are 'tweaked' to be controlled at slower speed than oscillators, which are meant to be heard. LFOs are Low Frequency Oscillators.

To give you a starting point (using the Toybox Free Pack modules):

- load 2 "Oscillators -> OSC-Oscillator" or "OSC-Mini Oscillator" into the rack (one to make a noise, one to control the Tremolo)
- load "Utility -> MIX-Mixer"
- click on the little keyboard icon in the top left of one of the Oscillators until it looks like a little waveform
- now the big knob in the middle turns into a Frequency knob, to change the speed of the oscillator
- drop it down to around 1hz
- connect the Output from this oscillator to the A input of the Mixer
- click the A at the top of the Mixer and click to adjust the value in the little grey stick to the right of one of the volume knobs, probably go for 1 if it's clear.
- you should now see a little marker moving around the outside of the Volume knob in the Mixer; this is the LFO changing the volume
- now you can still move the knob around and the little marker showing how the knob is being modulated will move with it
- now you can wire up the other oscillator to the input (labelled "In 1") and you'll hear the volume going up and down

Hope some of that helps!

CinningBao wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:39 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:38 am Just got this today. Is there a way to very very simply get an oscillator to act as an LFO? I know there are pre-built LFO's but I want to create the most simple LFO possible from the pieces available. I don't even need to be able to adjust the LFO. I just want to to connect an oscillator to the amplitude control input of a mixer to create a simple tremelo for learning purposes.

Hey briefcasemanx, not sure which packs you have but the Toybox Free Pack is a great way to start! I don't have time to give you even a starter lesson in modular synthesis this morning unfortunately but all you really need to know at this point is probably LFO and oscillators are ultimately the same thing, it's just LFOs are 'tweaked' to be controlled at slower speed than oscillators, which are meant to be heard. LFOs are Low Frequency Oscillators.

- load 2 "Oscillators -> OSC-Oscillator" or "OSC-Mini Oscillator" into the rack (one to make a noise, one to control the Tremolo)
- click on the little keyboard icon in the top left of one of the Oscillators until it looks like a little waveform
- now the big knob in the middle turns into a Frequency knob, to change the speed of the oscillator
- click the A at the top of the Mixer and click to adjust the value in the little grey stick to the right of one of the volume knobs, probably go for 1 if it's clear.
- you should now see a little marker moving around the outside of the Volume knob in the Mixer; this is the LFO changing the volume
- now you can still move the knob around and the little marker showing how the knob is being modulated will move with it
- now you can wire up the other oscillator to the input (labelled "In 1") and you'll hear the volume going up and down

Hope some of that helps!
I understand how modular connections work to some degree, I created a very simple 3 oscillator synth with with adjustable waveforms, ADSR envelopes for volume and filter pretty quickly after starting up the software.

What I'm trying to get working is an LFO specifically using a primary oscillator module (I think I chose a sine wave oscillator but the waveform irrelevant). If I download a 3rd party oscillator I'm sure it'll work fine, I can already get an in-built LFO to work as expected. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong or why a primary oscillator module doesn't seem to effect the volume of a mixer when an LFO does when connected in the same way.

Like maybe the basic oscillator modules aren't allowed to go below a certain hz? Or I just need to connect it in some specific way? I guess my question is more about the specific behavior of the primary oscillator modules. I suspect the manual will help me understand more.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:05 pm
CinningBao wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:39 am

Hope some of that helps!
I understand how modular connections work to some degree, I created a very simple 3 oscillator synth with with adjustable waveforms, ADSR envelopes for volume and filter pretty quickly after starting up the software.

What I'm trying to get working is an LFO specifically using a primary oscillator module (I think I chose a sine wave oscillator but the waveform irrelevant). If I download a 3rd party oscillator I'm sure it'll work fine, I can already get an in-built LFO to work as expected. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong or why a primary oscillator module doesn't seem to effect the volume of a mixer when an LFO does when connected in the same way.

Like maybe the basic oscillator modules aren't allowed to go below a certain hz? Or I just need to connect it in some specific way? I guess my question is more about the specific behavior of the primary oscillator modules. I suspect the manual will help me understand more.
Audio processing modules for racks and blocks should be built in reaktor core ,simple as that
Maybe read the manual what exactly makes a block work , the input output scaling etc..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:02 am
bob swans wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:56 pm Everything Turns Blocks have been updated with FPP
I never bothered with them before but now they are £20
for previous customers.

https://www.everythingturns.com/ET-V2/et-home.html
Good god, these are really ugly :o . Won't pick even for free.
They need to work on that GUI. Looks like summat out of the early 90s

Turn off keytracking (a little button that looks like piano keys) to use an oscillator as an LFO

Hey Guys, we just added a new block to the Toybox User Blocks pack:

Sequential Switch

It's a super useful, multipurpose block that routes a set of 8 inputs to a set of 8 outputs in various ways, driven by a sequencer.

Just connect a clock signal to the GATE input and a bunch of different input signals (try audio signals, gate signals, pitch signals etc) to different destinations (try mixer inputs, sequencers, FM inputs etc) using the block’s input and output ports and experiment.

Or try connecting an oscillator to the GATE port and a bunch more oscillators with different shapes and frequencies to the input ports, using the FADE control turned up, for an experimental 'layered' oscillator. There are probably an infinite number of ways you can use the Sequential Switch block.

There are some example racks included in the pack.

You can grab the Toybox User Blocks here:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/

Also we are running a spooky sale for Halloween, just enter SPOOKY25 for 25% off all packs and bundles.

David

Hey Guys, we just released 2 new blocks for Reaktor 6.4:

Vintage Sampler & Vintage Sampler Lite (free)

These blocks have the ability to ‘sample’ audio from their input port (like a real hardware sampler), for independent recording and playing back of samples. The controls have been laid out to make jamming with a sample very easy and fun.

A high-quality playback engine allows click-free looping, juggling and granulizing of samples using the CROSSFADE control, plus there are 5 different FM modes including a 'scratch' mode for scratching effect.

The blocks feature a fantastic GUI designed by Christian Schneider from Sonidiom (who also designed the GUI for the Sequential Switch which is also in the free User Blocks Pack). Of course being modular, all functions (including arming / recording / scratching etc) can be modulated using the other blocks in the User Blocks Pack.

The full ‘Vintage Sampler’ block features high quality modelling of a variety of vintage hardware samplers (not available in the lite version). A lot of work has gone into accurately emulating the signal path of several vintage units. The sampler has 5 different ‘models’ which can be selected from the block’s ‘Options’ page: TOY1, TOY2, 80s, 90s and CLEAN.

The 'Vintage Sampler Lite' block is available for free as part of the Toybox User Blocks Pack and the 'Vintage Sampler' block can be purchased for $19 (or just $14.25 using the current SPOOKY25 discount). Reaktor 6.4 (not the player version) is required to use either block as they are both ‘User Blocks’.

The blocks are available on the toybox website:

toyboxaudio.com

Also the Halloween sale is currently running! Just enter the code SPOOKY25 at the checkout for 25% off all toybox packs and bundles

David

Not seen Phuturetone's synths being mentioned here. Philthy is rather good.

https://phuturetone.com

Last edited by v1o on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Bought this yesterday or so but just got a chance to play with it. It's pretty awesome for some creative sample mangling. I see you can record modulation signal also since it's cv based (i guess).

Pat
David@TOYBOX wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:50 pm Hey Guys, we just released 2 new blocks for Reaktor 6.4:

Vintage Sampler & Vintage Sampler Lite (free)

These blocks have the ability to ‘sample’ audio from their input port (like a real hardware sampler), for independent recording and playing back of samples. The controls have been laid out to make jamming with a sample very easy and fun.

A high-quality playback engine allows click-free looping, juggling and granulizing of samples using the CROSSFADE control, plus there are 5 different FM modes including a 'scratch' mode for scratching effect.

The blocks feature a fantastic GUI designed by Christian Schneider from Sonidiom (who also designed the GUI for the Sequential Switch which is also in the free User Blocks Pack). Of course being modular, all functions (including arming / recording / scratching etc) can be modulated using the other blocks in the User Blocks Pack.

The full ‘Vintage Sampler’ block features high quality modelling of a variety of vintage hardware samplers (not available in the lite version). A lot of work has gone into accurately emulating the signal path of several vintage units. The sampler has 5 different ‘models’ which can be selected from the block’s ‘Options’ page: TOY1, TOY2, 80s, 90s and CLEAN.

The 'Vintage Sampler Lite' block is available for free as part of the Toybox User Blocks Pack and the 'Vintage Sampler' block can be purchased for $19 (or just $14.25 using the current SPOOKY25 discount). Reaktor 6.4 (not the player version) is required to use either block as they are both ‘User Blocks’.

The blocks are available on the toybox website:

toyboxaudio.com

Also the Halloween sale is currently running! Just enter the code SPOOKY25 at the checkout for 25% off all toybox packs and bundles

David
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:32 pm Bought this yesterday or so but just got a chance to play with it. It's pretty awesome for some creative sample mangling. I see you can record modulation signal also since it's cv based (i guess).

Yes, you can use the block to record and manipulate control signals. Just make sure you set the sampler model to 'CLEAN' and switch off 'OVERSAMPLING' -->

We just added another new block to the free Toybox User Blocks pack:

Macro 8

A handy 8 knob macro block with individual modulation ports for each knob and 8 snapshots that can be morphed or modulated.

Download the free User Blocks pack on the website:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com

Thank you. Yes I saw it as a tooltip before. Anyways It's one of my favorite blocks for sampling so far. Sounds wicked to put a low-fi vibe in there.
David@TOYBOX wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:02 pm
paradiddle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:32 pm Bought this yesterday or so but just got a chance to play with it. It's pretty awesome for some creative sample mangling. I see you can record modulation signal also since it's cv based (i guess).

Yes, you can use the block to record and manipulate control signals. Just make sure you set the sampler model to 'CLEAN' and switch off 'OVERSAMPLING' -->

Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”