KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congrats to the winner.

As per usual only FX is able to win or even be a runner up in a KVR challenge.
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blameable here. I gave 4 votes to Ivan.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Our sincere congratulations to the winners! :clap:

To all competitors,
thank you for worthy and intriguing rivalries! Will cross our swords in next year, i hope!

And thanks to KVR Audio for KVR Audio Developer Challenge, of course!

Is it possible to watch all statistics? Currently I can not see how many points was given to each bundle and how many people voted, also the average number of pints per vote.

My entry congratulates the winners and thanks her supporters in her own voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z38uDtuqCkA

Congrats to the winners and thanks for such a stunning revelation, too! A meter got first place! :| :lol:

Anyway, it's been great and I'm glad about this first contact it gave me with you. KVR is my first outlet to share vst developments through and I hope I'll get to use it very often from now on.

I'd also love to know the statistics, just to get an idea how much interest there is for what we've all created. I'm mildly worried that it could be very demoralizing, but every vote is really priceless to me. Thanks for those, who showed to care! :hug: :tu:

harryupbabble wrote:Blameable here. I gave 4 votes to Ivan.
This was a reply to the post that was above it. But since that post was edited, my reply doesn't fit anymore since the post I was replying to now excludes the third place winner, which happens to be Ivan. Should posts be editable? If posts were made to be not editable then that would be great because then I too couldn't edit my post, and that would be great.

At this point, is it still wrong to disclose who/what we voted for?

If everybody disclosed who/what they voted for then maybe the results would make sense.

Congrats to the winners, despite mutterings from the forum about this years entries, I think I have more keepers this year than ever.

A little shocked to realise third place gets sweet FA, surely the fund should be split more fairly (60% and the trip to NAMM for first?).

I guess a bit late to cotton onto this so, meh. :)

I also raise my voice for a complete listing of the statistics and a more fair prize distribution in general (see other thread).

Other than that, definitely congratulations to the winners. But sad to not see any standalone tool or synth in that list (here - statistics would definitely help / I want to know how the Android MIDI thing has been performing, to see if we "maybe" see more development in that section in the future).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

It seems unfair to me that the third place only wins a "thank you"

Why does the wildcard entry get more than 3rd place is beyond me as well.

BeatMaker_xyz wrote:It seems unfair to me that the third place only wins a "thank you"
Absolutely, and like said above 60% and trip to the first?
What about the monitors? And the other prizes?
Well the organizators rule of course. So we may have to accept what they choose.

edit: I read this now
The remaining 10% of the prize fund traditionally goes to a wildcard entry - we'll announce that after Christmas, possibly in the New Year when we've had a good think about it... if you have any thoughts on where our decision should go, please tell us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (or the KVR Forum of course). We'll also start to sort any extra prizes out in the next week or two.
Anyway it's not very inviting to partecipate to the next DC.
Unless rules will not change a bit.

I ask too for the whole stat of votes.
Last edited by liqih on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm a bit shell-shocked and massively honoured to get 2nd place.

Thanks so much for your votes, support and patience whilst I addressed initial issues (I'm still kicking myself about that missing DLL in the early builds).

I will be working hard on getting Lagrange up to version 1.0 and the mac build sorted (will have to check if I need 32 bit support for mac's right? :wink:).

Seriously though, thanks for the feedback! I know what my studio set up is, but this has been one hell of a learning process about how other people would use the plugin coupled with some serious motivation.

I started writing plugins in C++ just under 6 months ago having not written any C++ for nearly 15 years, so this is huge validation that the investment of time and money for tools was worth it.

I have the highest respect for all the other plugin developers who entered, and I'm really looking forward to having the time to try their plugins out in greater depth.

Looking forward to sharing my future creations with you all and hearing what you make of/with them.

Dave
UrsaDSP

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”