The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 amI don't own Legend HZ, I'm not a Moog fan
I actively f**king hate Moogs but this thing ain't no Moog, let me tell you. It is its own thing.
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:54 pmI though you got The Legend with the HZ version but it seems that's not the case. I don't understand why, because HZ is an augmented version of The Legend that can instantiate all of The Legends presets. How could I possibly be expected to pay another wad of cash for a lesser version of what I already bought?
Why would you need to? You don't get Hive 1 with Hive 2, either. Or ANA 1 with ANA 2.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:11 pmCould test whether it nulls with The Legend when the settings are the same (and effects that have been added or changed, like the delay etc., are off of course).
Maybe if I was the kind of sad f**k who would bother. But, mercifully, I am not.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Do you still have access to the old Legend installer after upgrading or is it replaced by Legend HZ ?

Miralis wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am Do you still have access to the old Legend installer after upgrading or is it replaced by Legend HZ ?
I can confirm the installer is still in my account.

Regards,

--
Marco

Miralis wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am Do you still have access to the old Legend installer after upgrading or is it replaced by Legend HZ ?
Still there if you have already bought it. I would imagine they will do maintenance fixes, but HZ is V2 so no updates.

I see they released a hardware version, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7LE7cCQagQ

Thank you. It's really cool to keep the older Legend as I am sure it will be more practical for quick and dirty patches which do not require all the bells and whistles added in HZ.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:11 pm
BONES wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:15 am Maybe Rich took the opportunity to tweak the sound but, if so, he hasn't mentioned it.
Could test whether it nulls with The Legend when the settings are the same (and effects that have been added or changed, like the delay etc., are off of course).
I just did this.

Locked the oscillator phase, opened up the filter, no resonance, no saturation and no effects.

Matched volume, both in mono, single oscillator set to saw.

They do sound very similar on their own but when phase flipped they are nowhere close to a null

Demo is released.

Very impressive.

kraster wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:26 pm They do sound very similar on their own but when phase flipped they are nowhere close to a null
If you do the same thing with two instances of The Legend (not HZ), does it null?

I kind of get the folks saying, "but why stop selling The Legend" if only for the fact that if you don't like iLok and don't want to bother with Softube, and aren't an Arturia fan, then the only really top-shelf native Minimoog emulation for under $100 was The Legend. The LegendHZ is an expensive synth and there may be people out there who only wanted the original feature set. But from a development perspective, I understand how having to support 2 plugins may not be worth it. Plus, the LegendHZ is just so much more fun/better. The only reason to buy the original Legend would be the price.

Uncle E wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:17 pm
kraster wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:26 pm They do sound very similar on their own but when phase flipped they are nowhere close to a null
If you do the same thing with two instances of The Legend (not HZ), does it null?
It does indeed.

Hmmm.. I can't get legend to null on my system.

rsp
sound sculptist

HZ Legend has 3 more oscillators, and mseg, matrix and new filter bank. Was there anything else added besides this?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”