Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

4 July 2013 : I got M1 LE for free in a bundle (with AAS Ultra-Analog Session, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Session, and EZ Keys) offered with my Korg microKey 37 USB MIDI keyboard.

5 September 2013 : I upgraded my M1 LE to the full KLC (M1, MS-20, Polysix, Mono/Poly, Wavestation, and MDE-X) for $99. Without that upgrade from the M1 LE, at this same date the full price of the KLC was $200 as we can see here:
2013/09/17 and 2013/08/15

6 January 2018 : I upgraded my full KLC to the full Korg Collection new version (the "Korg Collection Special Bundle Upgrade for Legacy Bundle", which came including the newly released Odyssey) for $49.99 (and I think that actually this so-called "bundle upgrade" was simply the price to insert the Odyssey in it rather than to make pay the very (and even extremely) "discrete" work the team made to better adapt the previous products of the bundle to the 64-bit platform).

That's all the amount I paid for the Korg Collection. A total of $99 + $49.99 = $150.

If I hadn't got the KLC by an upgrade from M1 LE it would have costed to me a total of $200 in 2013 + $50 in 2018 = $250. And now the upgrade to it the Triton costs $200 at itself alone !!! It is scoffing at the world ! Even with the 50% discount for just a few day, it is really and definitely scoffing at the world, and especially scoffing at their already faithful customers.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:33 pm 6 January 2018 : I upgraded my full KLC to the full Korg Collection new version (the "Korg Collection Special Bundle ...

And now the upgrade to it the Triton costs $200 at itself alone !!!
It's actually a $149 upgrade for Special Bundle owners just now :party: :wink:

I don't think it's unreasonable value given how much those EXB's alone would've cost at the time. Other opinions might differ, but compared to what Roland's doing right now it's positively charitable.. :D

PAK wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:50 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:33 pm 6 January 2018 : I upgraded my full KLC to the full Korg Collection new version (the "Korg Collection Special Bundle ...

And now the upgrade to it the Triton costs $200 at itself alone !!!
It's actually a $149 upgrade for Special Bundle owners just now :party: :wink:

I don't think it's unreasonable value given how much those EXB's alone would've cost at the time. Other opinions might differ, but compared to what Roland's doing right now it's positively charitable.. :D
Ouch!! 😂

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:06 pm [*]Prophecy : 1995-1999
[*]Z1 : 1997-1999
[*]Radias : 2006
[*]KingKORG : 2013
These are not entirely ROM-based. Prophecy and Z1 don't have a single sample in them.

LOL @ that whining over 149$ price. I remember when plugins like Emulator or Neuron VS clocked in for over 900$.
No signature here!

True, but you can buy a hardware analog synth for 150 bucks now!
People have been buying Pigments 2 for 60 bucks, Rapid @nd Avenger for around 100...you can get a lot of VST for your money nowadays!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:33 pm 4 July 2013 : I got M1 LE for free in a bundle (with AAS Ultra-Analog Session, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Session, and EZ Keys) offered with my Korg microKey 37 USB MIDI keyboard.

5 September 2013 : I upgraded my M1 LE to the full KLC (M1, MS-20, Polysix, Mono/Poly, Wavestation, and MDE-X) for $99. Without that upgrade from the M1 LE, at this same date the full price of the KLC was $200 as we can see here:
2013/09/17 and 2013/08/15

6 January 2018 : I upgraded my full KLC to the full Korg Collection new version (the "Korg Collection Special Bundle Upgrade for Legacy Bundle", which came including the newly released Odyssey) for $49.99 (and I think that actually this so-called "bundle upgrade" was simply the price to insert the Odyssey in it rather than to make pay the very (and even extremely) "discrete" work the team made to better adapt the previous products of the bundle to the 64-bit platform).

That's all the amount I paid for the Korg Collection. A total of $99 + $49.99 = $150.

If I hadn't got the KLC by an upgrade from M1 LE it would have costed to me a total of $200 in 2013 + $50 in 2018 = $250. And now the upgrade to it the Triton costs $200 at itself alone !!! It is scoffing at the world ! Even with the 50% discount for just a few day, it is really and definitely scoffing at the world, and especially scoffing at their already faithful customers.
I bought the Analog and Digital collections separately for top dollar. These used the steinberg key Then I purchased Odyssey. Then I purchased the upgrade.

You are not as faithful as you imagine yourself to be imho.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Fantastic synth, I’m loving the soft synth version, hope they add a sampler (that samples) in an update.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:43 pm Fantastic synth, I’m loving the soft synth version, hope they add a sampler (that samples) in an update.
Be sure to message customer support about it! I've done so and it seems to be the no.1 feature request. If enough people do it, I'm sure it'll happen down the line :)

I'd rather see MOSS inside than the sampler, but hey... That one is REALLY probably not gonna happen :(

PCG and sysex import/export, for sure. However this creates a bit of a can of worms for exporting if you have patches/combis which use up all 9 EXBs at once - this was never possible on a real Triton (Triton Studio could hold a maximum of 7 EXBs, and Triton Rack could have 8).
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:09 pm I'd rather see MOSS inside
could cause problems with the electrics :hihi:

[Nevermind]

I use polysix, MS-20, wavestation and mono-poly, so based on the quality of them I’d expect the Triton to be just as good
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Has anyone found a manual for the plugin yet? I guess the hardware manual would mostly work?

Edit: Found it. If you open up the plugin it's in the drop down options when you click "MENU".
Last edited by trackbout on Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

I realize the specs indicate win 10 is needed, but does
anybody by chance, have it working in a pre-10 setting?
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”