How to make a noise: Free Book

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simon thanks again for this 8)
a great resource and now ive found me card its paypal here me come :D

Thanks Simon, I've been looking forward to this for a while. This is filling a big gap that I haven't ever seen formally addressed like this, and it's VERY welcome here :D

Oluf

I've been skimming this at work and it looks like it could be very useful (even if I don't own any of the synths involved). If this proves useful to me, I'll definitely be getting the high-res version for printing.

Can't wait to see what else you're cooking up :hyper:

-s
A suffusion of yellow...

You know, it's quite funny...I signed up on KVR just last weekend, and my first question was is anyone knew any good tutorials or synths to get started with. Perfect timing!!! But one question, though I do have a few of the synths described (Vanguard, etc) Will I need to purchase the others just to understand the book?

Thanks!

J_A_Starner wrote:You know, it's quite funny...I signed up on KVR just last weekend, and my first question was is anyone knew any good tutorials or synths to get started with. Perfect timing!!! But one question, though I do have a few of the synths described (Vanguard, etc) Will I need to purchase the others just to understand the book?

Thanks!
Hi
Welcome to KvR btw.

No you won't need to own all of them. You can check out demo versions of most synths and that will help understand the procedures in the book.
Also most synths have a common set of controls. Simon teaches how to put these to practical use.

Of course ... If you like the Demo of the synth then it is your choice to buy it or not. But ... you don't need them all to understand the concept of what Simon is teaching here.
:-)
Paul
Last edited by manytone on Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

in the process of downloading it :)

but I'm glad now I didnt yet go through all the work of assembling my own tutorial.. :hihi:

I'm fortunate enough to have all the synths featured on the book. :D
Besides being a good text on general synthesis techniques it also doubles as a collection of tips and tricks for the mentioned synthesizers.
Highly recommended! :party:

boin wrote: .
Highly recommended! :party:

not sure about the :party: ,but only as i personally reserve that one for when ive had a bj :D

but highly recommended indeed
so many kvr members can learn from this,i even heard bones was using the page numbers to improve his counting skills :hihi:

J_A_Starner wrote:I signed up on KVR just last weekend, and my first question was is anyone knew any good tutorials or synths to get started with.
I was thinking of you when I posted my reply above. :-) And of other newcomers to synthesis who want to learn how those amazing machines work.

Meffy

Kriminal wrote:The pages look like they are in Landscape mode, is this right? Should i print them in Landscape or Portrait?
I've printed mine in portrait mode, but with two pages per page, so that in effect I have two landscape pages in A5 stacked on top of each other. With the high-res version of the PDF the pages remain fully readable, and printing on both sides of the paper, I only had to use 30 sheets of paper for the whole thing.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

this book is awesome.. far more depth than I was going to include and on top of it all I learned a great deal :D

though I've only skimmed it.. :o

still.. great read

thank you very much, simon. :)

vurt wrote:not sure about the :party: ,but only as i personally reserve that one for when ive had a bj :D
Sorry guys, English is not my native language, I just thought that "party" was just a party... :oops:
But if it can be more than that I won't even dare to ask what a "bj" is... :D

boin wrote:
vurt wrote:not sure about the :party: ,but only as i personally reserve that one for when ive had a bj :D
Sorry guys, English is not my native language, I just thought that "party" was just a party... :oops:
But if it can be more than that I won't even dare to ask what a "bj" is... :D

:hihi: i was jus kiddin
er a bj is like er... hmm :oops:
ask dave...

its a bank job :wink:

:-o

Return to “Sound Design”