Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jac459 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:50 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:46 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 pm https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

VST3 and Apple Silicon keep them busy, and they're going to drop the entire Authorizer-based update system. Good bless them for this.
Speaking of which, Companion app is still not AS native :( Rosetta only - WTF!!!
Everything else works as expected and I believe that Reasonstudios are first to announce full compatibility with macOS Sonoma :)
Well no need to wait. It is. Using it since day one and no problem whatsoever (as RRP).
RRP as you describe Rosetta is NOT the same as AS native :dog:

Psuper wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:35 pm
Calagan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:39 am Why would you want R13 ?
Pro users need stable, glitch free tools that work like they are supposed to.
Nothing worse than the « one major (paid) update a year «  that cost you money, messes with your previous or even existing sessions, and brings only cosmetic goodies (see izotope, NI Kontakt, for exemple).
Can’t you make music with what’s already in Reason ? Then buy another daw, or another plugins.
By the way, I love the new authorization system and some of the new instruments…
Watchout folks, we got a "Pro" user chiming in... and one that has no interest in any new versions to boot!

I could repeat my original post to answer your sorta-questions/primarily-self-backpatting, however It's best if you simply re-read it with comprehension glasses on.
I’m a very heavy guy. Would you care explaining me what I misunderstood in your first post ? Because I’ve been reading it again and again, trying to use some hermeneutic principles and logic, and I don’t understand what I missed..

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:06 am
xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 pm https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

VST3 and Apple Silicon keep them busy, and they're going to drop the entire Authorizer-based update system. Good bless them for this.
Speaking of which, Companion app is still not AS native :( Rosetta only - WTF!!!
Everything else works as expected and I believe that Reasonstudios are first to announce full compatibility with macOS Sonoma :)
Well no need to wait. It is. Using it since day one and no problem whatsoever (as RRP).
That wasn't my point... My point is ... what I said: you don't need to wait for the Companion app to be AS native to be able to use Reason 12.
It works perfectly well as it is.

Calagan wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:13 am
Psuper wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:35 pm
Calagan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:39 am Why would you want R13 ?
Nothing worse than the « one major (paid) update a year «  that cost you money, messes with your previous or even existing sessions, and brings only cosmetic goodies (see izotope, NI Kontakt, for exemple).
Can’t you make music with what’s already in Reason ? Then buy another daw, or another plugins.
By the way, I love the new authorization system and some of the new instruments…
Watchout folks, we got a "Pro" user chiming in... and one that has no interest in any new versions to boot!

I could repeat my original post to answer your sorta-questions/primarily-self-backpatting, however It's best if you simply re-read it with comprehension glasses on.
I’m a very heavy guy. Would you care explaining me what I misunderstood in your first post ? Because I’ve been reading it again and again, trying to use some hermeneutic principles and logic, and I don’t understand what I missed..
Why would you want R13 ?
Not that I use Reason much anymore sadly, but its been in my arsenal since v3. and...
It's been over 2 years and all we're seeing is the standard bug fixes and minor improvements.

Yes, and my R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, R8, R9, R10, R11, and R12 all do/did just fine after their first release.
Patches always happen. The vast majority of patches from Props address items that don't apply to the majority of users most of the time. There are exceptions, just not many. Aka virtually nothing most of use care about.

Nothing worse than the « one major (paid) update a year «  that cost you money, messes with your previous or even existing sessions, and brings only cosmetic goodies
Have you used Reason before? That's the one thing they've done incredibly well over the years -- damn near everything is forward/backward compatible and works seamlessly.

Can’t you make music with what’s already in Reason?
Not that I use Reason much anymore sadly, but its been in my arsenal since v3.

Then buy another daw, or another plugins.
Doesn't everyone?
Have you tried Vital?

I need workflow updates immediately, come on RS, drop some updates or R13, track folders and so on ... the old sequencer is so outdated

I love Reason. Love the workflow and especially blocks. I want to see them lean heavily into blocks. It’s still the standout feature that hasn’t been replicated (other than maybe Maschine’s clips/scene mode)

is there any blog or something that collects the most usable Combinator presets like

https://deeplink.gumroad.com/l/proutil or https://deeplink.gumroad.com/ ?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:25 am is there any blog or something that collects the most usable Combinator presets like

https://deeplink.gumroad.com/l/proutil or https://deeplink.gumroad.com/ ?
Not a blog but there is a lot of users combinator 2 creations here https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewforum.php?f=69

LaLivre wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:20 am I need workflow updates immediately, come on RS, drop some updates or R13, track folders and so on ... the old sequencer is so outdated
yupp, as is in
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7075401 ... 393476792/

Track Folders, VST MIDI out, Linked automation clips :pray:

Jac459 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:01 am

That wasn't my point... My point is ... what I said: you don't need to wait for the Companion app to be AS native to be able to use Reason 12.
No matter anymore, Reason Companion App is now AS Native :)

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:51 am
Jac459 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:01 am

No matter anymore, Reason Companion App is now AS Native :)
I hope it will attract more people to use Reason. I really love using Reason as RRP... It is really a joy to use...

Well maybe they're doing the right thing focusing on improving the current build and not just doing the token 'new release'. I hope they address adding MIDI VST capability sometime because I would imagine a big part of the future (AI and all) lies that way....also they're saying they're not going all AI themselves so all the more reason.
haven't installed the new patch so can't comment on the new authorisation - but you can turn it off virtually, so it only checks once a year. That's been mentioned but I bet some don't know.

I do own Studio One but I've been with Reason for so long I'm too lazy to learn anything else

reason 13 with rack zoom?
the allover application zoom was a giant bummer for me. whoever decided this is a clown. but maybe it was a biznez decision to milk the cow a bit more in further releases or patches...geez that gigantic browser part and seqwuencerpart you get when you just have the racks in perfectly fitting scale...never touched 12 after the first few times after the nice update sale offer and i really was into tryin reason. nah thx and btw NAH THX too on the try to isntall reason+ software without any hint that its reason+ material, not reason 12 perpetual. i dont think i ever will pay money for further iterations jsut to get a rackzoom only

another one bites the dust

xbitz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:05 am
LaLivre wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:20 am I need workflow updates immediately, come on RS, drop some updates or R13, track folders and so on ... the old sequencer is so outdated
yupp, as is in
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7075401 ... 393476792/

Track Folders, VST MIDI out, Linked automation clips :pray:

That list/voting is pretty much a joke though. E.g. Reason - unlike basically every other DAW out there - doesn't even have MIDI loop-recording yet and this didn't even make it to that list in the first place, so it's pretty safe to say that those who contributed/voted don't seriously record keyboard-playing via MIDI i.e. it's a certain fraction of possible users who participated in this. (The best workaround I personally found is to record the output of Instruments as audio-files instead - which says a lot).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

^^^
a typical Reason project for me consists of audio materials and pattern selectors

the main issue(for me too) is the absence of the organization in the main sequencer
especially after the automations (and buses and parallel processing channels) are added

and yepp MIDI comping would be nice, loop/step recording is supported by the sequencers

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”