Thread Title Fonts Screwed Up

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The "About" thing seems to be linked to the "Related products" in the threads. So, it only shows for the threads where people chose thread related products.

It shows in your screenshot, and it shows in mine. In mine, it's just overlayed by the thread title, which is the display bug.

Not on my phone. The earlier screenshot was of my tablet.

KVR 031821.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Weird. I wonder what causes this, because, I see no setting which could stop the "About:" display in the forum settings.

Do you have some addons installed in the browser on your phone? Any adblocker or security apps running?

To hide the "About:" click on your username on the top left of the screen, then choose "Customize KVR" and enable this:

about.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah... good find.

Ahh Haa...that's fixed the issue here in Microsoft Edge. Firefox is still fine.

Wagtunes, try the setting above and see if that fixes the issue for you.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Obviously, everybody has different problems but for me it's very simple and consistent. Any thread that has more than one page has the problem. Additionally, it's pretty clear what is happening.

Firefox

Notice that the entire box is filled up with the page numbers appearing at the very bottom.

Chrome

Notice that the text is all compressed. The page numbers appear in the middle of the box between top and bottom, as if the bottom half of the box is unable to be utilized.

The KVR web designer(s) definitely have to fix this.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:38 pm Ahh Haa...that's fixed the issue here in Microsoft Edge. Firefox is still fine.

Wagtunes, try the setting above and see if that fixes the issue for you.
No difference for me.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:40 pm Obviously, everybody has different problems but for me it's very simple and consistent. Any thread that has more than one page has the problem.
I assume that you're not the only Chrome user at KVR. I wonder why no one else has reported the same issue ?

Maybe it's down to resolution/screen size ?

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:41 pm The KVR web designer(s) definitely have to fix this.
Again why does it work fine in Firefox but not Chrome on the same system ?

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:44 pm No difference for me.
Might not make a difference but what if you try different values here:

KVR 031921-1.png

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:50 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:44 pm No difference for me.
Might not make a difference but what if you try different values here:

KVR 031921-1.png
Because the screen resolution I have now makes it easy for me to read the fonts.

Ok that wasn't the question I'm just trying to help you and trying to help figure out what's going on here.

What resolution and screen size are you using ?

Am I correct in saying that everything displays fine for you in Firefox ?

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:47 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:41 pm The KVR web designer(s) definitely have to fix this.
Again why does it work fine in Firefox but not Chrome on the same system ?
Did you ever build a website? Browsers are like that. :) It works fine in one browser, and stuff is seriously broken in the other. They're by far not standardized in the way they interprete website code, and display the websites. That's also why you have all those fancy "moz-xxx" or "webkit-xxx" CSS tags.

Return to “Site Stuff”