Do you own Yamaha HS7 monitors? Do you recommend them?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BertKoor wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 pm
Tappistry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 pm
BertKoor wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:07 am Who said $1000 budget?
A pair of HS-7's is abt $400 (quite cheap)
That would be on pretty serious discount. The only time you can grab that is either used or on discount. They're normally $299 each.
Quick google says in Euro's they're from €175 up to €275 each, average €200. Without discount or special deal, in regular big shops like Thomann & BaxShop.

Last time I looked €1 was $1, within 10% margin or so. :shrug:
For some reason,
Thomann always seems to be able to undercut every other vendor in the world for everything. :lol: Their deal for shipping to the US is good if you're ordering larger items, otherwise iirc it's about $75? Either way, still a great deal for those living in the EU.

I believe because US vendors are bound to rules regarding MAP (minimum advertised price), hence why some vendors will only provide discounts after an item is added to your shopping cart and/or logged in.

Right now, it's about $1.10 to 1 euro.

anttimaatteri wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:40 pm i used them for now 3 years paired with tannoy 802. i went for the tannoys a few month ago, but the hs7 have quite a good "neutral" clean sound. i would have bought the hs8, but they were too expensive at that time.. and the tannoy have the open front. on a slightly bigger, means more flexible, room i would go for the hs8/7.
as i said it took me 3 years to decide between them.
and the hs7 were more often on sale at thomann or elsewhere.
i recommend the yamahas.
Thanks for your recommendation. :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”