Waldorf Quantum - 8-voice hybrid synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's interesting but on first look my reaction is that it's probably going to be more expensive than I would be prepared to pay for it.

I do like the look of the interface though, comes across as a very accomplished piece of design.

Regarding the price, Rolf mentions "something like 3.000 plus" at 08:25 in the video.

Not impressed. Why no yellow or orange? Or try something new like pink for a chance.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:Not impressed. Why no yellow or orange? Or try something new like pink for a chance.
You are joking, right? :nutter:

I know Waldorf has a History in what concerns colours, but that's past. Lately, they have been much more conservative in their choices (fortunately).
Fernando (FMR)

This is now top of my list is hardware synths to buy

pdxindy wrote:This is now top of my list is hardware synths to buy
This is now top of my list of hardware synths that I want, but is way out of my price range for something that I don't need and don't have the space for.

Hopefully, they'll release a module version... :pray:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Hopefully, they'll release a module version... :pray:
If it sells well, most certainly they will. That's one of the reasons why I hope they succeed. :D
Fernando (FMR)

6 LFO's plus 6 Env's plus a multi-stage envelope!! Now we are talking!!

My V-Synth GT is looking pretty scared about now.

fmr wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:Not impressed. Why no yellow or orange? Or try something new like pink for a chance.
You are joking, right? :nutter:

I know Waldorf has a History in what concerns colours, but that's past. Lately, they have been much more conservative in their choices (fortunately).
:hihi:

Seriously though, only to some extent. I think black is boring. They should definitely make it XT orange. Or indeed pink, that would make it look and sound way better.
No signature here!

German video from Musotalk with some additional infos, for those who speak german:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTbtbvPxHxM

I'll visit Musikmesse tomorrow so hopefully i could play a bit with Waldorf Quantum myself.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

40 mod matrix slots. Holy crap. :D

What i miss a bit in the sound examples so far is the bass. Where is the bass? :P Waldorf's synths are among the beefiest in the business, so they should show some sounds which show this. Nave wasn't too beefy IIRC, so, i hope that is not the case in Quantum too. Largo and Blofeld do some earth shaking basses, and so do their older synths.

EvilDragon wrote:40 mod matrix slots. Holy crap. :D
Yeah, I agree, that's nowhere near enough! :tantrum:

:hihi:

It seems like I'm the only person on the planet who actually likes the color.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”