Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

One thing to keep in mind is that you never own any software, just the license to use it in accordance with the EULA/TOS. You can usually resell this license, but "ownership" does not exist in commercial software world.

Anyway, sub model will never float for companies that cannot offer the very best tools covering all the needs, and make the sub worth it to their customers.

Paying 20e/m for a few shitty Roland plugins, or random number of plugins from any other small, meaningless developer is just a ridiculous proposal in comparison.

There's no equivalent provider to Adobe in the audio world.

I'm not sure what Roland was thinking, partnering with these two.
Last edited by BassMasterK on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

BassMasterK wrote:
Maybe it's intentional. Judging from the website the product on offer looks sh1t. In which case one would need one with an experience in ignoring customer complaints.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
BassMasterK wrote:
Maybe it's intentional. Judging from the website the product on offer looks sh1t. In which case one would need one with an experience in ignoring customer complaints.
In a general sense, yes. I think that they needed someone who also felt that the partnership was compelling but who would agree to whatever terms Roland threw at them.

BassMasterK wrote:I'm not sure what Roland was thinking, partnering with these two.
They were thinking "Holy shit, it's Jeremy Soule! We'll get so many subscribers with his name attached because people love his music!"

It's business... and it's Roland.

The other great thing with 'buying' software is (besides not having to be on the internet to authorise it periodically) as long as its not C/R protected you can continue to use that software after the company has shutdown or pull the service, so long as you dont reformat your drive.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

.jon wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that you never own any software, just the license to use it in accordance with the EULA/TOS. You can usually resell this license, but "ownership" does not exist in commercial software world.
Of course, this was what I was addressing with my point regarding perpetual license. In a sense, this is part of why I don't like C/R. It might be irrational but I feel less like I own things when I have to ask permission from the vendor to install them.

My favorite Today's Roland Thing is the EULA you have to agree to to download a goddamn midi implementation chart.

EvilDragon wrote:And sampled instead of hybrid VA+samples... 3.8 GB for a synth whose samples were under half a megabyte! :D
Seriously?? They already have D-50 emulation software in the V-Synth/VariOS hardware. Surely they can port that to desktop plugin format!!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Subscriptions to software: I will never.

That Roland cheaped out on this "D-50" just shows how much they care about scraping profit from bad product, rather than investing a bit of money to make use of prior investments (D-50 emulation code) to make money by providing good software.

Roland looked to be turning the right direction with their hardware and plugins but THIS just stinks of quick buck corporatist jackass behavior.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I don't see any D-50 soft synth anywhere. There is an "Anthology 1987" sampled virtual instrument.
And that is clearly marked as sampled virtual instrument. It is not even in the soft-synth category.
Seems to me: 99% of the people are after the d-50 factory library and this is what you get / many known pop-hit-melodies were made with factory presets.

(What i like with "Splice" is, that you own the licence to the software after some time/it's full price is payed.
Without that option, i'd rather say no.)
- WonderEcho -

The ad blurb goes out of its way to avoid using the phrase "D-50"

WHo the f**k cares. we finally have a legit sampled D-50 library :o :o :o

I found this video of someone using the Anthology 1987

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbBhxjCEMTM

I wish they would have put in the time to create a good emulation using small samples plus synthesis. The subscription part of it is another turn off.

Return to “Instruments”