Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony Orchestra Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Kirk - question about some of the woodwinds in the diamond orchestra package.

Thus far I've used only the string sections for pop music additions, but I'm doing a little dabbling into the other instruments now - with the Tvec string it's easy to remove the reverb, but I can't find a reverb on off button in the other instruments. Am I missing something; is it not possible to use the instruments dry and add my own reverb later?

Thanks!

There is a "bypass reverb" button on older instruments. Newer, TVEC 3.1 instruments have a button named "EarlyRef", which means "early reflections". That button has a drop down menu where you can turn the reverb off as well.

Thanks Kirk - I must have just missed it then. I'll take a look when I'm back in fromt of my computer.

Hi,
I just bought the Diamond Orchestra. I also have Pop/Rock Strings. Are the Pop/Rock Strings as good or better sounding than the strings in Diamond? If so, I won't bother downloading the strings; I'll just continue using Pop/Rock.
Thanks,
Michael

Looking forward to CS3. I have a few purchasing questions, however.

1- Your email about the CS3 Full Version discount indicates a specific discount for previous customers of about 25%. This is only halfway up the sliding scale update chart. Do the regular discounts not apply in this case?

2- Will the sliding scale apply when moving, say, from a toe-dipping LS Edition 1 to the full FS Edition 5?

3- Do the FS Editions have the ability to load a Lite package of samples for sketching?

Thankyou for your great products.

mkb1967 wrote:Hi,
I just bought the Diamond Orchestra. I also have Pop/Rock Strings. Are the Pop/Rock Strings as good or better sounding than the strings in Diamond? If so, I won't bother downloading the strings; I'll just continue using Pop/Rock.
Thanks,
Michael
It's hard for me to judge whether one is "better" or not. They are different. Pop Rock Strings have a smaller sound and are more "dry" than those in Diamond.

palm38 wrote:Looking forward to CS3. I have a few purchasing questions, however.

1- Your email about the CS3 Full Version discount indicates a specific discount for previous customers of about 25%. This is only halfway up the sliding scale update chart. Do the regular discounts not apply in this case?
There was a mistake in an email that went out with regard to previous customer discount amounts. The discounts are the same as usual as described at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/upgrade.html

2- Will the sliding scale apply when moving, say, from a toe-dipping LS Edition 1 to the full FS Edition 5?
Once all versions and editions are done, the same scale will apply as described at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/upgrade.html

3- Do the FS Editions have the ability to load a Lite package of samples for sketching?
Those particular instruments won't load the LS versions. However, with all FS versions, the LS versions are included in the library.

Thankyou for your great products.

KirkHunter wrote:
mkb1967 wrote:Hi,
Thanks,
Michael
It's hard for me to judge whether one is "better" or not. They are different. Pop Rock Strings have a smaller sound and are more "dry" than those in Diamond.
Thanks,
That convinced me to download them. I like the "dry" sound so I can mix with other instruments and use an external reverb, but I also like the bigger sound on some tracks, so I need both!
Happy New Year, Kirk!

I'm still having the clicking popping issue switch articulations.

Are there fixes for this yet ?

Once I get Concert Strings 3 out the door, I'll be looking into this. Just to make sure...I've tested this on the Windows machines here, and it does not have the problem. What is your system?

OSX 10.9
Late 2012 Mac Mini

Ah, so indeed on a MAC.. Just so you know, and I might have already mentioned this, but the new version of Kontakt created this issue. That's why it's so hard to fix. But I'm working on the concept.

ok thanks.

can you look at my other thread on fingered portamento please.

I also sent an email about re-downloading my patches again (not samples) as the link has expired.

Some of the concert strings 1 patches do not respond to pitch bend down (portamento)

I just checked, and the instruments that are supposed to respond to the pitch wheel work ok. Which instruments, specifically, are you having this issue with?

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”