12 nearly forgotten HGF gems Pro version now freeware!

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh my! A free HG Fortune synth? We must have all been very, very good boys and girls this year. I cast my vote for Shuniji Pro, though in all honesty, I look forward to any of the three that are released into the wild for all of us to enjoy. I own three of HG's synths and cannot recommend them enough. Very generous of him to give one out for free.

Not familiar with these, I'll take a guess at the middle one. A drum plugin w/sqeuencer would rock!
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Shuniji Pro looks really interesting - gets my vote!

Your generosity is much appreciated.
Second Star On The Right, And Straight On 'till Morning

A vote in ProtoPlasm Pro, but anything from H.G. is really great stuff!

It seems that the HG site is down... :(
I was trying to see the plugins screenshots

pattonfreak1 wrote:Agreed. Shunji is awesome.
That was my vote... but purely because I think I bought the other two many years ago.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Protoplasm Pro. (would be happy with any of the above mentioned)

I've had many great synths from you guys over the years.

alvfaria wrote:It seems that the HG site is down... :(
I was trying to see the plugins screenshots
yep, sadly :-(

the 90 votes limit for the first to set free has been reached so here you go:
winning is Shuniji Pro 2011 Cǎihóng bǎo (= rainbow treasure) is now freeware

please remind the poll (& run) is still on for a second to be set free

Enjoy
HG
Last edited by Fortune on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

I see I'm a bit late (since Shuniji's already won), but here goes anyways... lol

Judging from the free versions which I've tried, my vote is for ProtoPlasm Pro (TSM Version - pretty please??), as Shuniji Pro has too much of an asian flare and LaserBlade I find is mainly suited for FX.

Just want to say "Danke!" to Herr Fortune for such a wonderful gift. I can't wait to try it out!

To be honest, I'm not familiar with any of the three synths and only voted for Shuniji because I found its interface the most intriguing. But being that all three are HG Fortune synths I figured it to be a win-win-win scenario no matter what the outcome. And if there is to be a second one, then I'm glad to see that ProtoPlasm is the current front-runner.

There is a considerable difference in sound when comparing the new shuniji pro to the old shuniji pro. This a good thing. Stacking both versions allows a sound that is truly greater than the sum of the parts. Also, the new version does not make my old version redundant. This is a good thing. Thanks.

hersoot wrote:There is a considerable difference in sound when comparing the new shuniji pro to the old shuniji pro. This a good thing. Stacking both versions allows a sound that is truly greater than the sum of the parts. Also, the new version does not make my old version redundant. This is a good thing. Thanks.
this is most likely due to recompling with the newer version of the dev environment but also it might result from the slight difference of the old free and pro version.

Thank you for Shuniji Pro 2011 Cǎihóng bǎo (downloading...) :)

Fortune wrote:
hersoot wrote:There is a considerable difference in sound when comparing the new shuniji pro to the old shuniji pro. This a good thing. Stacking both versions allows a sound that is truly greater than the sum of the parts. Also, the new version does not make my old version redundant. This is a good thing. Thanks.
this is most likely due to recompling with the newer version of the dev environment but also it might result from the slight difference of the old free and pro version.
I noticed that the new version of shuniji pro doesn't seem to recognize pitch changes (either octave or semi) stored with the presets. That may be the reason why the old and new versions sounded so differently when I first compared them using the same preset on each. I actually did find that when I manually adjusted the pitch of the new version to match that of the old version, then the sound was very similar.

Return to “HG Fortune”