MIND CONTROL - Your sample libraries just got a mind of their own

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is really COOL!!!

May have to upgrade to v.4 after all...

egbert wrote:Mind Control is mind boggling - it is a marvelous tool for coaxing expressive performances from sample libraries while playing from the keyboard. The videos on Youtube for MC are very clear and helpful too - keep them coming! I wonder if we can get a preset exchange going at some stage for some instrument specific setups?
Wow, thanks!! Yes, the next update for Mind Control will have preset import/export, which will be useful if you want to share settings with people, or save settings for later.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:Here's another video for MIND CONTROL, showing some of its new conditions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFYyYWZrYk

As you can see, it now has a real-time MIDI learn for controller ranges, pitch bend ranges, and other parameters. Let me know if you have any suggestions that you'd like to see in the next update!
Is the free guitar which is included with Mind Control by any chance the same one which is used in those YouTube videos? If so, then DOUBLE FANTASTIC!
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd wrote:
Gregjazz wrote:Here's another video for MIND CONTROL, showing some of its new conditions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFYyYWZrYk

As you can see, it now has a real-time MIDI learn for controller ranges, pitch bend ranges, and other parameters. Let me know if you have any suggestions that you'd like to see in the next update!
Is the free guitar which is included with Mind Control by any chance the same one which is used in those YouTube videos? If so, then DOUBLE FANTASTIC!
Yes, I specifically sampled a Fender Strat for those samples, and all the articulations used in the video are included with Mind Control as your first "test subject".
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:
zedd wrote:

Yes, I specifically sampled a Fender Strat for those samples, and all the articulations used in the video are included with Mind Control as your first "test subject".
That is just super Greg! I was admiring those samples while watching the videos, and wondering where I could get them! And the ease of using Mind Control to do cool stuff with my growing Kontakt library is going to be very useful.

I have just placed my order! Great work. :-)
Somewhere in the background zedd

Here's a sneak peek at the new NKI preset import/export feature. This will let you easily share presets made for 3rd party libraries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTw6mwqq2VI
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

When the update will be released?

Hopefully within a week. There's just one more thing I want to add for this update, but I still have a list of other things I want to implement in future updates. I figured it'd be best to get you all some new features sooner than later, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

By the way, check the Orange Tree Samples Facebook page for an opportunity to get a FREE copy of Mind Control.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:By the way, check the Orange Tree Samples Facebook page for an opportunity to get a FREE copy of Mind Control.
Facebook is faaaast.

There's actually an opening for Mac (the responder didn't have Kontakt 4, which is needed), and I forgot, I'd love to get a response from someone with Windows 7 and Windows Vista. There's still time!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:There's actually an opening for Mac (the responder didn't have Kontakt 4, which is needed), and I forgot, I'd love to get a response from someone with Windows 7 and Windows Vista. There's still time!
Hi Greg,

I tried out the installer on Windows 7 (64 bit) and everything worked fine...it shows up in Kontakt 4, no problem!

I didn't have time to actually try out the Mind Control yet, but everything installed perfectly for me!
Terry @ Meathook Audio

Install went smoothly on XP Pro SP3, the new version of Mind Control replaced the old and shows up in Kontakt!
I won't have a chance to play with it until tomorrow evening. If I run into any problems, I'll definitely let you know.
Thanks!

Awesome! Bear in mind that there are still a bunch of things I want to add to Mind Control in future updates... so this soon-released update just takes care of the most important stuff, such as a few bug fixes (including the volume problem, related to MIDI CC# 11 default values), and the preset loading/saving. That way you can update MIND CONTROL in the future, and still keep your presets. I made sure that the preset format is fully backwards AND forwards compatible. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Install went smoothly on Mac with Kontakt 4. Operates smoothly and works perfectly. Not a single hiccup. Okay, one, but, it was my error.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”