SonicBirth v2 alpha

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New build on sonicbirth.com
  • random reimplemented as external module (using xorshift1024*, faster, and now work for win vst too)
  • removed expiration date from exported plugins
  • pushed back expiration date for the app
Happy holidays!

Would it be possible for the yellow automatic 1 sample delay line to not be added if there's already delay in the circuit?

Almost happy new year!

Since the delay module can potentially be a pass-through (ie zero delay), it isn't considered as breaking a feedback loop.

Remove a sample (converted as needed) to the delay input to compensate.

Here is a simplified example of a circuit in which I ran into this being a problem. The inverted signal for one side that goes into the opposite channel is delayed by 1 sample, while the other side is unaffected. I used a work around in the actual circuit, but it required two more multiplications, making it less cpu friendly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K0pP ... sp=sharing

I do understand the problem you're facing interface wise, and the required 1 sample of delay is perfectly fine 99.9% of the time. It would probably be a pain to code it to get rid of the 1 sample delay if there's already a delay unit thats > 0 samples of delay, but to have one when the delay unit is set to 0 samples.

I see your point. I'll think about it.

In the meantime, here's how I would do it:

Nice workaround.

this is great, really looking forward to where the project is going to go... I've been making plug-ins with SB since 2007... wonderful great environment. :) please keep in touch with updates .

Hey Makira,

Could you add a way to see the debug component's full digits? It currently cuts off at 4 decimal places, which is great 98% of the time I use it. However the full readout would be nice in a few instances. Maybe have it in the Selected Item spot or something? I don't know, that is up to you! =]

Thanks for this application and your time!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi,

I'm trying to use this plugins:
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/b2x_v2.html (http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/b2x_v2.html)

The package was created with SonicBirth but it doesn't even appear on the host's plugin-list. I try to use it with REAPER on win 7 and win 8, and with wine on Ubuntu.

Is there anyway I can help fixing the issue ?

thanks, damian

So, is anybody successfully exporting to Windows VST using the latest alpha release? Antoine?

makira wrote: I've also hired another person to work on the Windows port. So while I don't have much time for Sonic Birth at the moment, it is still being worked on.

Hi makira, any news on the Win side of the moon? :D

lalo wrote:
makira wrote: I've also hired another person to work on the Windows port. So while I don't have much time for Sonic Birth at the moment, it is still being worked on.

Hi makira, any news on the Win side of the moon? :D
too quiet here recently? :( :oops:

I've discovered that when using the delay module ("Delay HQ") if a value of <0 is input to the delay setting a horrific noise will be emitted.

Also I cannot restore the screen from full screen mode by pressing "escape" in Yosemite...! Help..!

A negative delay doesn't make sense as the plug-in can't receive something that hasn't been given yet. If you need a negative delay, use a normal delay, and pretend that the delayed signal is the original. Of course then you have the problem of a delayed output, and that's when you'd use plug-in delay compensation. Sadly, SonicBirth v2 alpha doesn't have plug-in delay compensation yet. It's free right now and the dev isn't making any money off developing the app. So with patience, eventually you might get delay compensation. Till then, there's simply some things you cannot do yet.

Cheers and good luck with your plugins!

dtpietrzak wrote:A negative delay doesn't make sense as the plug-in can't receive something that hasn't been given yet. If you need a negative delay, use a normal delay, and pretend that the delayed signal is the original. Of course then you have the problem of a delayed output, and that's when you'd use plug-in delay compensation. Sadly, SonicBirth v2 alpha doesn't have plug-in delay compensation yet. It's free right now and the dev isn't making any money off developing the app. So with patience, eventually you might get delay compensation. Till then, there's simply some things you cannot do yet.

Cheers and good luck with your plugins!
I think you misunderstand the situation. If you set a delay to 5ms, for example and use a sinewave to modulate the delay time at a depth of 15ms for a flanging effect, you can possible end up with a "delay" input of -2.5ms

Return to “SonicBirth”