MuLab 9.2.22 (CLAP plugin support)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not for me it doesn't. Every time I add a plugin category, I start typing, forgetting it doesn't focus, only to realise nothing has been typed in as the box isn't focused.

EDIT: Just tested it again, still doesn't work as expected. Steps to reproduce...
1. Open Plugin Manager.
2. Select a plugin.
3. In the Category section, click the + button.
4. Go to the bottom of the list and click on Add New.
5. The box is not focused for me. I have to then click on it to enter text into it.

Anyone experienced M9.2.22 freezing and then spontaneously closing, but only when using 3rd party reverbs units?

This is happening to me with the TSAR1 or the Brainworks' bx_rooms - both VST2 - when they have been running for a few minutes. TSAR1 also becomes inoperable (dead interface) in the run up to Mulab closing down on me.

I can run 9.2.22 with no issues using the built-in reverbs. I'm wondering if there's an algorithmic problem or a memory problem going on. This wasn't happening with M7 or M8.
Aka Midland Synthetics

No issues with MTurboReverb for me :)
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

It's definitely just M9 this is happening with. I tested TSAR1 in both M8 and M9 this morning. M8 is fine. M9 is not happy with TSAR1 at all :(
Aka Midland Synthetics

What an insanely complicated installation procedure for TSAR1. Never again.
Anyway, it's running now for a couple of minutes already in M9.2.22, tweaked all of its controls, all stable, not sure what i have to do to repeat the issue you're encountering.
And what exactly happens? Is there a log file?

Update: Ok, i now noticed issues after closing and reopening the TSAR editor.

I have a suspicion where this comes from and i'm afraid it's again something in the undefined gray zone between plug and host...

I need to think this thru a bit, as i'm unsure who is responsible for this issue.

Ok researched this a bit further and my conclusion is that it is something on TSAR's side.
TSAR returns 0 on effEditOpen which means it has some problem opening its editor.
It's there that the problems start. I've reported it to Softtube.

Parallel to having reported the TSAR issue to Softube, i've also tweaked MuLab's code:
In the next update this kind of plugin error will be more strictly handled and alerted to the user, and at the same time MuLab will also call effEditClose after having called effEditOpen eventhough effEditOpen reported a failure. This seems to be better, at least in this case.

It's odd that TSAR reports the error on opening its editor upon plugin it into a rack slot, because after applying the tweaks mentioned above, you first will get an error alert about the plugin's editor error and no editor is shown, but when clicking the open editor button again then the 2nd time TSAR's editor does open normally. Curious for Softubes reply.

Thanks for that investigation. I'm still concerned that both Brainworx and TSAR1 have cause a complete spontaneous shutdown of M9 but not in M8.
Aka Midland Synthetics

I've investigated the TSAR case and it's because TSAR reports an error upon opening its editor, technically upon effEditOpen.
Because of that MuLab 9 does not call effEditClose, which is logical, but it's probably the cause of these further problems you encounter. I've reported it to Softube and at the same time the next MuLab will handle the plugin error in a refined way, as messaged above. MuLab 8 was not as precise as MuLab 9 and did call effEditClose eventhough effEditOpen would report an error. That's why the issue slipped thru the meshes of the net in M8.

Thanks again :)
Aka Midland Synthetics

Anyone having issues with Sylenth 3.0.73 in MuLab 9.2.22 Windows 64 bit?

mutools wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:08 pm Anyone having issues with Sylenth 3.0.73 in MuLab 9.2.22 Windows 64 bit?
There is a bug in 3.0.73 - I use older version and have no problems.

viewtopic.php?t=581311&sid=11eb75d8b910 ... fa93770f3c

Thanks Robert, that indeed solved it. Strange that a popular plug like Sylenth isn't updated since that thread, more than a year ago. Anyway, thx again!

Return to “MUTOOLS”