Wagtunes Production Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bansaw wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:41 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:56 pm My wife helped me name this because I wasn't quite sure what it was conveying.
Nice. Or "Closing time at the Cocktail Bar".
Could see this piece along with some closing credits for a TV series.
I'm finding naming these things is harder than creating them.

6th track of my TV theme collection.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ucks-theme

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:57 pm 6th track of my TV theme collection.

I like it - and the name.

Any luck yet with sales etc?

:-)

Interesting.. I can agree with DT here that it would certainly fit well in some kind of ancient aliens doc. The only thing for me was the sucking, backward sound kinda ruined the flow. The ahh vox sounds nice but a little bit of delay and reverb (or more if there's already some on) might help it? Just my opinion. Great work though :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Benedict wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:33 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:57 pm 6th track of my TV theme collection.

I like it - and the name.

Any luck yet with sales etc?

:-)
I'm still waiting for Music Vine to approve my application. Right now, I'm just building up my catalog so I have something to sell.

It's going to be a very long process.

jethrobull wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:00 am Interesting.. I can agree with DT here that it would certainly fit well in some kind of ancient aliens doc. The only thing for me was the sucking, backward sound kinda ruined the flow. The ahh vox sounds nice but a little bit of delay and reverb (or more if there's already some on) might help it? Just my opinion. Great work though :tu:
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Now if I only knew which track you were referring to. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:17 am
jethrobull wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:00 am Interesting.. I can agree with DT here that it would certainly fit well in some kind of ancient aliens doc. The only thing for me was the sucking, backward sound kinda ruined the flow. The ahh vox sounds nice but a little bit of delay and reverb (or more if there's already some on) might help it? Just my opinion. Great work though :tu:
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Now if I only knew which track you were referring to. :lol:
:lol: Sorry it was Ancient Mysteries
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:21 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:17 am
:lol: Sorry it was Ancient Mysteries
Thanks. I'll go check out what you're referring to.

I was thinking you could do a theme with a Dixieland style jazz sound with clarinet, banjo, tuba, acoustic bass, drums, and trumpet/cornet. Maybe also make some children’s show style theme songs too, each in a different style, maybe one in a Max Martin circa 1999 style or a Saturday Night Fever style with those horns you’ve got. Would love to see movie style songs too! Look up a kind of music called dangdut. I was thinking you could do an English version of those kind of songs in your pop music thread.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:12 pm I was thinking you could do a theme with a Dixieland style jazz sound with clarinet, banjo, tuba, acoustic bass, drums, and trumpet/cornet. Maybe also make some children’s show style theme songs too, each in a different style, maybe one in a Max Martin circa 1999 style or a Saturday Night Fever style with those horns you’ve got. Would love to see movie style songs too! Look up a kind of music called dangdut. I was thinking you could do an English version of those kind of songs in your pop music thread.
All great ideas. Thanks. Yes, there is a ton of stuff I could do and still never run out of ideas.

FYI, I just signed the contract with the group. I have now actually become a member of the group itself. They are so impressed with how prolific a writer I am that they want me as part of the team. The terms are incredible. I'd be insane not to accept. A couple of points I had issues with and were rewritten to my satisfaction. Honestly, I couldn't be happier.

So now, it's not just a matter of them doing one tribute album of my songs. Now I'm part of a team and will get writing credits and royalties accordingly.

One thing I'm really excited about is they want me to go over some of their existing material and rework it. They seem to have a lot of confidence in me and respect for my abilities. Maybe I'm going to be the missing piece from their puzzle that will take them to the next level. Who knows? All I know is I'm very excited about this.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:59 am FYI, I just signed the contract with the group. I have now actually become a member of the group itself. They are so impressed with how prolific a writer I am that they want me as part of the team. The terms are incredible. I'd be insane not to accept. A couple of points I had issues with and were rewritten to my satisfaction. Honestly, I couldn't be happier.

So now, it's not just a matter of them doing one tribute album of my songs. Now I'm part of a team and will get writing credits and royalties accordingly.

One thing I'm really excited about is they want me to go over some of their existing material and rework it. They seem to have a lot of confidence in me and respect for my abilities. Maybe I'm going to be the missing piece from their puzzle that will take them to the next level. Who knows? All I know is I'm very excited about this.
Nice one. Well done! :)

It's hard not to be impressed by the rate of your work.

Unaspected wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:15 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:59 am FYI, I just signed the contract with the group. I have now actually become a member of the group itself. They are so impressed with how prolific a writer I am that they want me as part of the team. The terms are incredible. I'd be insane not to accept. A couple of points I had issues with and were rewritten to my satisfaction. Honestly, I couldn't be happier.

Thank you. It is still hard to believe this is FINALLY happening at my age.

Life is indeed very strange.

Haven't had time to listen to much but loving the TV themes - Sexy Adventurer and especially the Ducks - the some catchy but weirdly adventurous stuff - almost like Zappa mocking his TV (yes - I praised you with a Zappa comparison - don't let it go to your head :hihi: )

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:25 am
Unaspected wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:15 am

Thank you. It is still hard to believe this is FINALLY happening at my age.

Life is indeed very strange.
Life certainly requires some big downturns before returning to rising again. Dogged determination, stubbornness, tenacity and blind faith in anything that keeps you going seems to be what wins the battle.

I've said all my life that aging should not be a limiting factor. I love that you are proving this - not that you're that old, in my eyes. It should give faith to others too. Age and looks are not important. What you are doing and how you share with others is important.

Return to “Music Cafe”