MuLab 9.2.22 (CLAP plugin support)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A browser preset is a combi of the What + Where + Which definitions.

The preset buttons are nothing more than an instant button to select a browser preset.

So if you can do it using a browser preset now, you can do it with a browser preset button.

-deleted-

mutools wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:50 pm Here is an update preview how the browser may look:
Looks great! :love:

MuLab App 9.2.20 beta for Windows 64 bit is available in https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Project browser now supports custom buttons to quickly recall browser presets with a single click.
    You can setup such browser preset buttons via the browser's preset button menu -> "Preset Buttons".
  • Project browser: For Synth and Effect Plugins you can now define a plugin category in the Where field so to make the list more specific, which is also handy wrt browser presets.
    For example you can now make a 1-click browser button to show all "EQ Plugins".
  • MUX Front Panels: Plugin slots now have the option to omit the 3 right-side buttons List - Edit - Options. This makes the plug slot more compact. All functionality still is available.
  • Smart Bypass was not yet available for CLAP plugins. Fixed.
  • Drag-dropping modules or plugins on the composer now also works when dropping them on the clip area. This will create a new track, like you've dropped it on the + track button.
  • Other small improvements.

mutools wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:10 pm
  • Project browser now supports custom buttons to quickly recall browser presets with a single click.
    You can setup such browser preset buttons via the browser's preset button menu -> "Preset Buttons".
Very convenient, thank you! Can we also get an updated MuLab plugin please:)
---
Browser Presets.jpg
---
Another good thing is that I can click "All Files" button and then go to "What" box to specify what I want to be displayed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The only thing I can select for a button is Projects! Nothing else appears in the list. How exactly do you set up a button?

I click the folder icon and select 'Quick Preset Buttons' and the window for the 12 buttons opens. Yet I can only select one option, why is that?

Surely I should be able to select from the existing categories in the What drop down menu?

EDIT: Ok, I see that I have to basically save everything I want to use as a Browser preset, but shouldn't the existing categories be available to use already? Thanks either way, least it works, much appreciated Jo :tu:
Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sl23 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:31 pm The only thing I can select for a button is Projects! Nothing else appears in the list. How exactly do you set up a button?

I click the folder icon and select 'Quick Preset Buttons' and the window for the 12 buttons opens. Yet I can only select one option, why is that?

Surely I should be able to select from the existing categories in the What drop down menu?
You need to save preset first
---
Save_Preset.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah I just edited my post with the illumination! :D
I just thought these standard categories that already exist should be already available by default? Maybe that would be clutter the user doesn't want? I dunno, seems to work well, so I suppose Ill have to set up a load of default categories first ;) I never used the browser much until recently so I was unsure how it all worked.
Thanks Robert and Jo

Thanks Jo and thanks sl23 for coming up with this idea!

No worries! Glad it was useful and for once others liked it! :lol:

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I posted a question last night but can't find it.

Anyway, I just wondered if there was a way to combine the preset views for MuX factory and MuX user presets, similar to how it's shown in the Rack slot.

I tend to look through both lists for stuff and the browser is much more efficient as it has no delays when clicking a button, it shows the list straight away, whereas the Rack has a delay of a second or two, which is a bit annoying.

Thanks.

mutools wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:10 pm MuLab App 9.2.20 beta for Windows 64 bit is available in https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Project browser: For Synth and Effect Plugins you can now define a plugin category in the Where field so to make the list more specific, which is also handy wrt browser presets.
    For example you can now make a 1-click browser button to show all "EQ Plugins".
  • MUX Front Panels: Plugin slots now have the option to omit the 3 right-side buttons List - Edit - Options. This makes the plug slot more compact. All functionality still is available.
  • Smart Bypass was not yet available for CLAP plugins. Fixed.
  • Drag-dropping modules or plugins on the composer now also works when dropping them on the clip area. This will create a new track, like you've dropped it on the + track button.
  • Other small improvements.
Great update :tu:

May I suggest a couple of refinements:

1. Browser Preset Button Dialog: In the Left hand column you can select which preset to use, but there is no option to delete/remove the button.

2. Plugin Slot buttons when removed: Right click brings up the options menu, Left click opens the Insert menu and double click opens the plugin editor. Could we have an added option on the options menu (right click) to open the plugin editor please.

sl23 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:40 am Anyway, I just wondered if there was a way to combine the preset views for MuX factory and MuX user presets, similar to how it's shown in the Rack slot.
Not in the browser.
the browser is much more efficient as it has no delays when clicking a button, it shows the list straight away, whereas the Rack has a delay of a second or two
A 2 second delay??
Please send me the log file: Repeat that 2 dec delay a couple of times, then MuLab menu -> Tools -> Keep Log, and then email me that Log file for that session.

RichardSemper wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:24 am 1. Browser Preset Button Dialog: In the Left hand column you can select which preset to use, but there is no option to delete/remove the button.
Will be added.
2. Plugin Slot buttons when removed: Right click brings up the options menu, Left click opens the Insert menu and double click opens the plugin editor. Could we have an added option on the options menu (right click) to open the plugin editor please.
What's wrong with the double-click?

On first opening it's around 2 seconds, then it was about half a second. still a delay that doesn't happen in the browser. Doesn't matter what project I have loaded it's always the same. But mostly it's between those two times of 0.5 and 2 seconds every time I click on a rack slot.

- Log file emailed.

EDIT: Just tried various projects and opening the Rack slot, it only seems to be delayed the first time I open it now? I'll try a computer restart and then try again see if that's all it is.

Return to “MUTOOLS”