Is Serum worth cashing out for, when you get Vital for free?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Current Hive 2 Massive X RAPID Synthesizer Serum Vaporizer2 Vital VPS Avenger

Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:15 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:05 pm
jakeron0007 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:40 am I don't think Serum is worth it's price right now that Vital is around
:lol: Vital is abandoned, haven't you noticed that?
No it isn't. The creator just made an announcement about it.
That changes of course everything...
Does it really? :pray:

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:19 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:15 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:05 pm
jakeron0007 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:40 am I don't think Serum is worth it's price right now that Vital is around
:lol: Vital is abandoned, haven't you noticed that?
No it isn't. The creator just made an announcement about it.
That changes of course everything...
Does it really? :pray:
I could not care less :-).

I pray for you lost souls :pray: :pray: :pray:

it is funny how people "love" piece of code with a nice picture on it
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:17 pm
liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:56 pm I’m beginning to feel sorry for you :hihi:
Your first version of the messge was "to feel so for you" which I am sure was the real intent :love:

What is clear is you looove serum :-). Good for you.
it was intended to be “so sorry” but I want to be less dramatic :dog:

You just can’t hold yourself in demoting Serum but it took 4 years for the Unfinished to get it, so we need to be kind with you because you may never get it indeed :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

martiu wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:23 pm it is funny how people "love" piece of code with a nice picture on it
Yeah, it is ridiculous .... Except for Bitwig which is the best piece of code ever written and certainly one of the few things future generations will respect about us.
Moreover, it is such a smart piece of code that it is sentient and it felt insulted by your remark, you should apologize.

martiu wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:23 pm it is funny how people "love" piece of code with a nice picture on it
Or “hate” :lol:

liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:28 pm
liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:56 pm I’m beginning to feel sorry for you :hihi:
Your first version of the messge was "to feel so for you" which I am sure was the real intent :love:

You just can’t hold yourself in demoting Serum but it took 4 years for the Unfinished to get it, so we need to be kind with you because you may never get it indeed :hihi:
I don't demote Serum, it is a very nice piece of software.
I see it a bit like a ferrari testarossa if you prefere, a work of art... But not the cutting edge anymore.

liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:30 pm
To be honest, though, I think the "cult" factor of hardware is much, MUCH bigger than with software. Naturally, because, people can relate to something physical much more than to something virtual. Regardless of the many advantages of virtual in this case (and other cases).
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moreover, I see you are using Ableton, which is an obvious demonstration of your blindness to beauty.

Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:32 pm
liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:28 pm

I don't demote Serum, it is a very nice piece of software.
I see it a bit like a ferrari testarossa if you prefere, a work of art... But not the cutting edge anymore.
Again… cutting edge. You are bleeding man! :D

The "cutting edge" is so exciting that I haven't had the desire to purchase any new flag ship type soft synth for the past couple of years...

The last really exciting thing was Massive X, sound wise.

You know. Features, all nice and stuff. But, what I really am after are musical instruments.
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:33 pm
Moreover, I see you are using Ableton, which is an obvious demonstration of your blindness to beauty.
I don’t think you are qualified to utter the word Ableton. :help:
Future generations… us…Bitwig. Damn! :hihi:
WTH :lol:

liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:33 pm Again… cutting edge. You are bleeding man! :D
Have you tried Current? There is no aspect of Current you prefer over Serum ?
Or no aspect of Vital, just to stay in topic ? The spectral processing is of no use for you ?

For me it is a mix, for example I strongly prefere the presets of Serum, the Unison is also slightly more flexible in my view with Serum. There are aspects of the modulation system I prefer from serum...
But for the rest...

liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:39 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:33 pm
I don’t think you are qualified to utter the word Ableton. :help:
Future generations… us…Bitwig. Damn! :hihi:
WTH :lol:
❤️

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”