How much money have you spent on plugins?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today, more than enough.

Sometime next week, not enough.

About a 15th-20th of what I have spent on hardware I reckon. I have a lot of plugins. It's tragic really ;) At least some of the hardware is appreciating in value.

9.99 european money currency tokens this week.

Somewhere around $1500 in total. But I try to keep it limited because too many instruments will have a negative impact on your creativity. That's my belief.

And I don't make money from my music (well, yes, I make through Distrokid and whatnot, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to my "real" job salary).

Probably a couple thousand total, of which I only regularly use maybe a couple hundred's worth. And yeah, I just make music for fun mostly.

I would say more than 7k... Over 2 years...
It started with reason, 100% of their RE + a lot of third party RE.
Then a switch to Bitwig + most (all?) major VSTs instruments and effects...

I am 100% conscious that it not necessary at all to do good music. But it is a passion on which i spend about 20 to 30 hours a week on top of my day job... So it is quite OK.

I have spent at least as much as all the other people who have spent too much. A good percentage of my purchases got used for a week and never again.

I really hope I can sell a few things over the next few months - as much to stop myself feeling bad about it as to make money. (actually 'make money' is the wrong term - 'claw back part of the losses' is more to the point)

Way, way too much. Especially on UAD. I went a bit extreme during lockdown when I started buying UAD plugins regularly even without really knowing how to use them.

And now I can't sell any of them unless I sell the Apollo. And I like some of them :-( At least I was able to sell the Satellite.

Hopefully one day they'll all be native instead of just some of them.

I've bought too much, which has now made me reconsider the subscription model. I know I don't own it, but it's nice to get a feel for things and ditch it if it doesn't suit me or buy if it does. I've gotten better at managing it.

$0 so far since there’s so much good free stuff out there but I’m going to buy a mouth de-clicker soon.

Way more than I should have, looking at 1500+ so far, was to easy to get caught up in GAS.

Couple of thousand grand
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

So far, maybe about $5000 for all the plugins.
Spent about $1000 just in the summer sales. Got Komplete Ultimate 14, Auto-Tune, Baby Audio Bundle and a few other ones.
Last edited by Fornicras on Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

i think around £700 in 10 years

about £500 of that is ableton plus an upgrade

i don't buy plugins much anymore, very few over the last few years - i just don't see or feel the need anymore and don't feel good with lots of plugins

s28 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:57 pm i think around £700 in 10 years
:o
you win! :party:

not plugins but modular, i spent not too far off that on one oscillator :oops:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”