Is Serum worth cashing out for, when you get Vital for free?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Current Hive 2 Massive X RAPID Synthesizer Serum Vaporizer2 Vital VPS Avenger

Serum worth it for presets

no, i dont care about its presets, i make my own
aliasing plugin owner
:?

forget all these, Albino3 legend will be released in the near future

I'm very surprised that no one mentioned the CPU usage. I mean, it's a cool synth and all, but it's seriously a CPU hog. To be honest, this is one of the few feature requests I really care about for Serum. That it handles CPU usage much more efficiently in the next version.
Oh yes wait, and Midi-Out of course!

yes it is a bit hungry the more complex patch you make, also arp will be nice to have
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I don't think Serum is worth it's price right now that Vital is around

enCiphered wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:22 am ...
Neither Serum nor Vital do have any Midi creating capabilities like an Arpeggiator or similar inside... what do you want a Midi Out for???

enCiphered wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:22 am I'm very surprised that no one mentioned the CPU usage. I mean, it's a cool synth and all, but it's seriously a CPU hog. To be honest, this is one of the few feature requests I really care about for Serum. That it handles CPU usage much more efficiently in the next version.
Its not a cpu hog. Update your cpu, im able to run hundreds of serums with both oscillators unison on. On ryzen 7950x. It wasnt a cpu hog either on my old i7 4790k, but new cpu just blows away old i7.

jakeron0007 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:40 am I don't think Serum is worth it's price right now that Vital is around
Serum remains the absolute standard... So you will see a lot of tutorials in the net built for Serum...
It is an advantage it still has as new content is created everyday for it...

But clearly, when I compare it with Current, the new kid in town for wavetable synths, it shows its age...

Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:49 pm But clearly, when I compare it with Current, the new kid in town for wavetable synths, it shows its age...
In which regards?

Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:49 pm
jakeron0007 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:40 am I don't think Serum is worth it's price right now that Vital is around
Serum remains the absolute standard... So you will see a lot of tutorials in the net built for Serum...
It is an advantage it still has as new content is created everyday for it...

But clearly, when I compare it with Current, the new kid in town for wavetable synths, it shows its age...
I’m beginning to feel sorry for you :hihi:
Last edited by liquidsound on Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuLab of course :D

:lol: Vital is abandoned, haven't you noticed that?

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:53 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:49 pm But clearly, when I compare it with Current, the new kid in town for wavetable synths, it shows its age...
In which regards?
For me, mostly the oscillators... There is no spectral effects applicable to them and I miss that (Vital has it by the way). Most of others will tell you the effects. Serum effects are very good but not as rich as the ones of current.
Then clearly there is a trend to have synths more and more feture rich. Serum comes from before this trend (good or bad). There is no arpegiator/chorder or whatever midi players, no sampler, no grain... For me, I don't care... But if it was created in 2023, I am pretty sure it would have contained way more synthesis possibilities and features.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:05 pm
:lol: Vital is abandoned, haven't you noticed that?
No it isn't. The creator just made an announcement about it.

liquidsound wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:56 pm I’m beginning to feel sorry for you :hihi:
Your first version of the messge was "to feel so for you" which I am sure was the real intent :love:

What is clear is you looove serum :-). Good for you.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”