MuLab 9.3.18 - VST3 plugin support

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Odd Fella wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:26 pmA DAW is never really finished, unfortunately
consumerism teaches us to forever want more.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:37 pm
Odd Fella wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:26 pmA DAW is never really finished, unfortunately
or evolution…
MuLab of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:39 pm
but evolution…
gave us the ability to make good art with whatever software version we have at the moment!
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:51 pm
liquidsound wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:39 pm
but evolution…
gave us the ability to make good art with whatever software version we have at the moment!
Of course, best with what we have at hand…
MuLab of course :D

mutools wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:48 pm Please forward this to the plug dev.
Hi

Did that and now received the following response:

"I believe Fircomp 2 is currently setting the latency from outside the audio thread - but this latency reporting aspect of the plugin is actually handled by the Juce framework, which is a very industry-standard plugin format wrapper that allows you to build plugins in several formats, so this issue would likely affect many plugins. Fircomp 2 informs Juce of latency changes, which should then not be reported by the audio thread. I will look into this in more detail to see if there are any workarounds."

Thank you, I hope it helps.

FSM77 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:31 pm ...I've read other forums with people having the same issue; some opting to go back to their VST2's :(
Anything that is in both 3 and 2, I'm sticking with the VST2 version. I figure its going to be more stable and native to Mulab, all its life. But it sure is nice to have some kind of VST3 ability, since any new stuff without pre-existing legacy rights, is only in VST3. Because its only allowed to. Which is kind of annoying.

ortseam wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:32 am "I believe Fircomp 2 is currently setting the latency from outside the audio thread
Then that is a bug in the plugin.
but this latency reporting aspect of the plugin is actually handled by the Juce framework
Then it's JUCE's fault.
which is a very industry-standard plugin format wrapper
Then JUCE should respect the VST3 SDK info, which explicitly says:

"This must be called in the UI-Thread context!"

Also notice the exclamation mark in the VST3 SDK info, so it's emphasized.

So if JUCE doesn't respect that then please inform the JUCE team about this bug in JUCE.

Merry Christmas, Jo! :violin:
Still had no troubles with vst3, by the way. 8) :tu:

Merry Christmas Taron & Everyone :hug: :phones:

Is vst3 working on OSX ?(i dont have acess to my imac atm)
edit:forget to ask , sidechain is include too ?
Last edited by gelly-vapor on Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
**dark music for dark lovers**

Yes it is!

Calum wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:32 pmYes it is!
Thx 😁
**dark music for dark lovers**

Return to “MUTOOLS”