May Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:12 am And that was some of my anger...I honestly thought that a bunch of people didnt take it seriously and wasted the time of those that did. I already know my styles dont fly in here...but it wasnt about me.
I'm not sure it was a question of taking the contest seriously, though I have no idea what one's intentions are. I think it was simply a matter of some of us taking the theme literally and thinking the ONLY thing that matters is that it sounds weird. And it's hard to make a normal "song" sound weird unless you're really, really good at doing that. I think people genuinely felt that their best chance of winning was to do just what they did, throw a bunch of sounds together.

As for your style, talent, whatever you want to call it, I'd someday love to hear you do a "typical" rock song. I think it would be very good as it's obvious you can play. Just once, do something that sounds like the Stones, Led Zep, hell, even Aerosmith. I think you'd shock the hell out of a lot of people.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:16 am My posts are still getting screened...how annoying. Trollbase2000. Post!
How can you tell? I don't see any mod edits or anything.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:16 am My posts are still getting screened...how annoying. Trollbase2000. Post!
paranoid much?

And you specifically like to antagonize. No Im not paranoid. Ive been blocked for a day and the last post I just tried mentioned the moderator...so quit being that guy and walk away.

Theres a classic rock theme. Im all in.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:25 am And you specifically like to antagonize. No Im not paranoid. Ive been blocked for a day and the last post I just tried mentioned the moderator...so quit being that guy and walk away.
Are you saying that when you make a post a message comes up that says it's being moderated?

No...they just dont go thru. Thats an intentional typo by the way. Its been talked about behind the scenes.

Sensorship....the anti-music

So don't intentionally push my buttons anymore and try to get me banned from the site. Both of you. I've never tried to do that to you. We might not agree on most everything...clash of personalities, clash of styles. But how would a reality show of a mix of musicians locked in a house turn out? Classical pianist, Metal Drummer, DJ/Whatever they do, Pop Diva, 80's Depeche Mode guy. That should be a tv show. The time on here isn't meant to be a joke even if that's my style of interacting. So go play a video game or whatever you do...but don't pull my chain anymore. Even Donkey kicks the farmer sometimes....don't get mad when you get kicked back. But he doesn't.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:25 am And you specifically like to antagonize.
What kind of person would do something like that? :o

I knew you were close. Donkeys have big ears.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:48 am So don't intentionally push my buttons anymore and try to get me banned from the site. Both of you. I've never tried to do that to you. We might not agree on most everything...clash of personalities, clash of styles. But how would a reality show of a mix of musicians locked in a house turn out? Classical pianist, Metal Drummer, DJ/Whatever they do, Pop Diva, 80's Depeche Mode guy. That should be a tv show. The time on here isn't meant to be a joke even if that's my style of interacting. So go play a video game or whatever you do...but don't pull my chain anymore. Even Donkey kicks the farmer sometimes....don't get mad when you get kicked back. But he doesn't.
If they are good at their craft then the chances are good they’ll all get along. Most “good” musicians have working knowledge and appreciation for many different genres even if they only specialize in performing, or composing, or producing in one.

Maybe in that business meeting that might be true...But the people are so different...I'm guessing fireworks less than a week. We have been in here consistently for quite a while now, mostly business but some things get personal.... That's just life. Let it go. But the tv show is a winner. Somebody please make this happen.
One word: Brittany Spears.
Last edited by Tbase2000 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:48 am So don't intentionally push my buttons anymore and try to get me banned from the site. Both of you. I've never tried to do that to you.

Cuts both ways son...As I said before, a bit of self-perception as to how your own comments come across and affect others goes a long way. There's being critical of someone's music (which is absolutely fine), and then there's the quasi-macho posturing which as far as I can see seems done a lot to deliberately to get a rise from people, particularly those who you know you can rile. Not pleasant when the boots on the other foot is it?

Now, you can take this in the spirit it was intended and move on and engage constructively, or you can again fly off on one. Up to you. I for one am certainly not going to bother wasting my time for long if it's the latter.

wah! :cry:

Return to “Music Cafe”