SWAY - a synth modeled after the Yamaha SY77

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What kind of copy protection will be used?

I only buy plugins that don’t call home (challenge/response) and don’t tie themselves to any hardware, and I’d really like to get this synth. In other words, I like using serial number copy protection, where I can archieve the installer and the serial number, and install it on a new computer years down the road, even if the developer has closed shop or discontinued the product. I’m hoping this will be your plan. That’s how developers that I support do it—developers such as U-he, TAL, AudioThing, etc.

Thanks in advance for your comments! 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Cochrane wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:08 am Yes, I support sheaf vision too: SY-77 deserves a real, pure, good, no-frills, sysex-level emulation!
The only thing I can suggest sheaf, maybe in later releases, to support also SY-99 (the FX section was completely redone and really, really better in 99!).

Thanks and keep on with this much anticipated dream of SY-77 emulating plugin!
I agree that would be the best solution. Maybe in the future if I ever get my hands on a SY-99, but for now the focus is on getting the SY-77 FX done.

mholloway wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:08 pm Now I'm confused I'll over again... I thought that since this 'emulation' cannot and will not ever have the original's in-memory Sampled sounds, doing sysex import in either direction wouldn't work... clearly loading a patch from the hardware that uses the samples isn't going to translate. Is the idea to emulate "Just the FM portion" and any sysex compatibility is limited to patches that ignore the sample-side of the synth entirely?
It can utilize the original sample ROMs if you have them, but they're not included. Even without the sounds full SysEx compatibility is still useful because some people want to use it as a programmer for their hardware.
audiojunkie wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:59 pm What kind of copy protection will be used?

I only buy plugins that don’t call home (challenge/response) and don’t tie themselves to any hardware, and I’d really like to get this synth. In other words, I like using serial number copy protection, where I can archieve the installer and the serial number, and install it on a new computer years down the road, even if the developer has closed shop or discontinued the product. I’m hoping this will be your plan. That’s how developers that I support do it—developers such as U-he, TAL, AudioThing, etc.

If this will be a paid product (I'm not sure yet) you can unlock without C/R if you prefer that. My other plugins support C/R because it's quick and easy, but also support the download of a key file that you can use to unlock on a machine that's not connected to the internet. If you hold on to that key file you can always unlock in the future.
https://sheafmusic.com/remoter - Stream from your DAW to your phone

sheaf wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:34 am I agree that would be the best solution. Maybe in the future if I ever get my hands on a SY-99, but for now the focus is on getting the SY-77 FX done.
If you’re in the US, I can loan you my SY-99.

Netherlands

sheaf wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:34 am
Cochrane wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:08 am Yes, I support sheaf vision too: SY-77 deserves a real, pure, good, no-frills, sysex-level emulation!
The only thing I can suggest sheaf, maybe in later releases, to support also SY-99 (the FX section was completely redone and really, really better in 99!).

Thanks and keep on with this much anticipated dream of SY-77 emulating plugin!
I agree that would be the best solution. Maybe in the future if I ever get my hands on a SY-99, but for now the focus is on getting the SY-77 FX done.

mholloway wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:08 pm Now I'm confused I'll over again... I thought that since this 'emulation' cannot and will not ever have the original's in-memory Sampled sounds, doing sysex import in either direction wouldn't work... clearly loading a patch from the hardware that uses the samples isn't going to translate. Is the idea to emulate "Just the FM portion" and any sysex compatibility is limited to patches that ignore the sample-side of the synth entirely?
It can utilize the original sample ROMs if you have them, but they're not included. Even without the sounds full SysEx compatibility is still useful because some people want to use it as a programmer for their hardware.
audiojunkie wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:59 pm What kind of copy protection will be used?

If this will be a paid product (I'm not sure yet) you can unlock without C/R if you prefer that. My other plugins support C/R because it's quick and easy, but also support the download of a key file that you can use to unlock on a machine that's not connected to the internet. If you hold on to that key file you can always unlock in the future.
Thank you for supporting Serial copy protection!!! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

iLok is the best
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

iLok is the worst.

Windows is the best
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Apple is the worst.

Every kvr thread descends to bollocks.

Every bollock descends to kvr thread.

Don't let the people irritate you here and first do the plugin as far as there is a beta. The rest comes all by itself.

I am glad that you do the job because Yamaha completely failed!

If you need support, just write me.

This plugin is interested me more than Zebra 3.

OrionAlpha101 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:08 pm

I am glad that you do the job because Yamaha completely failed!

How did they fail if they didn't even try ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

emef wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:19 pm Every bollock descends to kvr thread.
And every pillock responds.
I thought the silliness was implied and therefore a simple venting before the indignant(s) pounced.

Montage M ESP is very cool but they failed because you can not get it without the Hardware.

No Yamaha Legacy Collection unfortunately.

End of my statement.

Return to “Instruments”