What Synths did "The Fixx" Use???

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LBN wrote:

I need to get a hottie interpreter for my next gig. :shock:
Oh yes! :love: I missed a bunch of spot cues because I was staring at her instead of the band. :hihi:

PaulSC wrote:o'malley are you in/near Santa Cruz (or were you on the road with the band)?

PaulSC = short for "Paul in Santa Cruz"
Yes, I am in SC. :D

Small world! That's cool -- I think there's another Santa Cruzian who posts in the Camel Audio forum (& elsewhere) from time to time. We should all get together for beers or something one of these days...

Oh, right, the Fixx! (sorry folks, back on topic...)
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Landphil wrote:What's with everybody taping over the names of their keyboards? Afraid of violating some endorsement clause?
Actually it's pretty smart. If everyone did it, then maybe keyboard companies would start shelling out some endorsement money to musicians to NOT tape over them! I mean, how many Adidan or Nike or other atheletic wear is sported by pro sports figures that ISN'T endorsement gear? They slap their brand name on the back of boards expecting you to go out and advertise for them for free.

Reminds me of auto dealers putting their own permenant logos on cars. Pisses me right off that does.

ok, don't beat me but...

who are the Fixx?

just curious as I've never heard of them (and I ingested a LOT of music back in the 80s...) Big hits? Cult band?

.g

The Fixx were never big in the UK (I don't think they had any single success to speak of and their top selling album of the 80's (which I think was "Shuttered Room") didn't make much of an impact on the charts either) but they were one of those few British bands who have more success in the US than in the UK (Flock of Seagulls might be another one).

I only got into them because a girl I fancied at Uni liked them (I got to know a lot of bands that way - if I hadn't been such a romantic failure my CD collection would probably only have three bands in it :)

Regards,

Derek.
Less than 1000 posts and writer's block has set in :-(

oooh, British band? :)

cheers.

GaryG wrote:ok, don't beat me but...

who are the Fixx?

just curious as I've never heard of them (and I ingested a LOT of music back in the 80s...) Big hits? Cult band?

.g
Had quite a few hits in the 80's here in the States in terms of radio and video play. Some of them: "One Thing Leads to Another", "Saved By Zero" from their "Reach The beach" album. From their earlier album "The Shuttered Room" there was: "Stand or Fall" and "Red Skies At Night". Their "Phantoms" album got some airplay here with "Sunshine In the Shade" and "Lose Face". They also had a pretty good-sized hit with "Deeper and Deeper" from the "Streets of Fire" soundtrack.
GaryG wrote:oooh, British band? :)
Yep. :)

Har wrote:... From their earlier album "The Shuttered Room" there was: "Red Skies At Night".
When they played that song we totally projected a red sky on the back drop, with cloud gobos and everything. It was pretty awsome. :)

Return to “Production Techniques”