Full album made in Waveform 12 PRO: my pros and cons. Tracktion! Answer please.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

operandx wrote: ↑Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:21 pm
Vollofi wrote: ↑Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 pm
asprog wrote: ↑Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:19 pm I'm not here to say it's an imaginary issue and understand it could be a real headache for you.
I just say that it works well for me, even with large projects.
Each setup is different, so difficult to compare but I just wanted to weight the crash probability and clarify these plugins could not cause trouble...
Honestly, I just tired because of crushes :)
BIAS FX 2- just not working without sandbox (DAW crush while the plugin connects to the servers at startup)
This NI fx's... Idk, but I have an issue exactly with them.
And sometimes crushes because of Kontakt 7 and Guitar Rig 7 - but I can understand it's heavy plugins :ud:
Other my stuff works well (not a single crush issue) :neutral:
It's really hard for devs to fix issues if they can't repeat them. For example, I don't have all those NI plugs but I do have Phasis and Freak and have never seen an issue with those two (PC VST3 versions). Likewise Bias FX worked ok, mind you I don't have it installed anymore, didn't rate it and didn't like it phoning home. NI plugs also phone home use data but that can be turned off at least.
That's why the support should work well.
As I mentioned before, first time I was an enthusiast and sent detailed reports with the video/screens and etc. I was just ignored, you know?
My issue is easy reproducible. How much do you use this pluging? I use them everyday and my statistics is sad. For example, just recorded the video for the support while texting this message:
Video transcript :arrow:
1. Freak - ok
2. Freak - ok
3. Flair - hard freeze (need to restart DAW).

Freeze or Crush for this 6 fx's is an issue with high probability. It's good if you dont' have an issue, but what is your experience with this plugins? How ofthen do you use it? It's simple statistics.
It works well in the other my DAW. :shrug:
And Usage Data Tracking is disabled since I installed them!

Guys, I just want Tracktion show their love for us as a customers. I can reproduce and record any of my issues because I have a lot of big projects and I am talking about things that really upset me as an advanced user.
Isn't it their job to test DAW, to support customers? I don't think someone will report something with no reason. They should work better if they pretend to be a solid company. :uhuhuh:
They should show respect to us, Guys.
Last edited by Vollofi on Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

You have no legal rights to getting your system tested by Tracktion. Don't use the product if you don't like it. Your legal rights are in the terms and conditions, which you accepted when you clicked on the OK button.

What you're *expecting* is for Tracktion to test every possible plugin on every possible system configuration and fix errors caused by third-party plugins nearly all the time. It's not Waveform that's causing your problem, as evidenced by Operandx and others having no issues. If it was Waveform, it would happen 100% of the time to everyone--for example, the recently fixed EQ issue.

I get you're frustrated--especially when others are NOT having the same issue--but you'd be better off attacking your plugin developers, who have a small number of offerings that can be tested on a small number of DAWs. They test on a couple of them, which is why some of your plugins are fine on other DAWs, but don't do due diligence with more of them. And Waveform is easy for them to obtain and try. They just don't bother--and whose fault is that?

Yelling here isn't going to help you.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Guys sell buggy DAW and you be like: "don't like it - don't use it".
I don't care about this EQ issue, I don't use it, I've never met this issue. I just expect from the DAW -to use the most popular plugins of the world without issues.

Good luck in your search.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I sure wish I had read this before buying v12 a year or so ago. Lots of potential ......but it has to freaking work. Fix the bugs before moving on. If you cant maintain support for a partucular version until it is stable then we are merely paying beta testers for a toy. No thanks

I went in to it with the idea of using all stock plugins. Still a bug fest. Havent tried support. This should not be a release candidate in its present state. IMHO
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to β€œTracktion”