About MuLib (Splitted from other topic)

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No. But I'm happy to just attach here the updated folders for someone to then move to MuLib.

UPDATE PROCESS COMPLETED WITH M8.8.6
  • MuProjects - Updated - 1 Fails to open or be recognised as a project using the Tool for listing file versions.

Code: Select all

Alex _ Jimp/Electro.MuProject
  • MuClips - Updated - ALL OK
  • Mux Effects - Updated - 3 failed, possibly due to creation in M9:

FSM77 80_s Chorus.Mux NOK
FSM77 Console Channel Strip.Mux NOK
QuickStepFx - sl23 - M9 - 2023.9.5.Mux NOK
  • Mux Instruments - Updated - 5 failed, again, possibly due to M9 creation. Also received several messages...

Couldn't find sample ... [approx 78 samples not found in total]
Detected a deprecated M7 multi-wave "Harmonic Filter" transform ... 
... Consolidate [Keep Sound] or Replace [Keep Definition] ... I chose to Consolidate.
Conversion info.zip
Unable to upload the Updated zip files due to attachment size limit.
Should I email them to you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sl23 do you have a gmail account?
If so send me an email from that account.
Then i'll use that gmail account to add you as admin of MuLib.
Before making changes to MuLib, pls make sure to have read the Read Me at the MuLib top folder.

mutools wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:15 pm About MuLib: I'd rather upgrade everything to M9.
That will make it compatible for years.
Users still on older MuLab versions should upgrade to MuLab For Life.
I think that's a neat, gentle and efficient solution.
Right?
Makes sense to me :wink:
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Email sent.

What shall I do about the discrepancies? I don't know which presets are missing samples etc. Or how to deal with Alex Jimp project that won't even load using the tool to find out which version was used.
Last edited by sl23 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We should probably start a Mulib update thread and leave this to 9.4.4 beta. I have some thoughts and stuff to add to Mulib myself.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Can do...

mutools wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:57 pm
I know that having to upgrade old projects & presets via MuLab 8 is an unpleasant step for the user, ...
It was actually quite painless IMO. All I did was put all my old assets in a folder on the desktop, and label it "update". And then select that folder with free Mu8, and press update projects, Mux, Racks, Muclip, Other. And then navigate to that folder in 9, and press update, update, update, update, update. I was surprised that it worked so well. Everything opened up in 9, fancy and upgraded.

Well, I've upgraded everything from mulib, just need to get it online. :)

I wonder, would it be possible to add an option to Update All when performing updates in MuLab? Saves the constant clicking. Also, when there are discrepancies, it would be nice to know which presets or whatever are having issues with the update process.

I'll get back on this one of the days.

Ok thanks for letting me know. :tu:

sl23 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:04 am Well, I've upgraded everything from mulib, just need to get it online. :)

I wonder, would it be possible to add an option to Update All when performing updates in MuLab? Saves the constant clicking. Also, when there are discrepancies, it would be nice to know which presets or whatever are having issues with the update process.
You're an absolute champion for this... In return I'm currently creating GRID presets of the grooves from Mars free Sampler/Drum machine midi grooves pack and am wondering if it was OK to share in MuLib or was that somehow a line crossing for someone? I have done the full MPC60 set so far, and am slowly working my way through, so if it's ok I'd be more than happy to share, if it's somehow an issue I'd be willing to share direct if anyone's keen.

Thanks again, awesome effort :)

D.

It's pretty simple to upgrade it all. Just wanted to get everything up to date.

When you say grooves, you mean sequences? I don't know if that's a copyright issue or not. The manual should tell you if you are allowed to share such things or whether they remain the property of the manufacturer.

sl23 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:42 pm It's pretty simple to upgrade it all. Just wanted to get everything up to date.

When you say grooves, you mean sequences? I don't know if that's a copyright issue or not. The manual should tell you if you are allowed to share such things or whether they remain the property of the manufacturer.
It's the Swing Grooves (TimeGrid) for old drum machines and samplers... So it's actually the timing of the respective Machines (MPC60, SP 1200... etc). It's not unique sequences, it's literally just like "MPC60 16 Swing 50" at different swing percentages up to 80 (in the MPC60 group) And 8 Triplet and 16 Triplet.

I'm converting them into the TimeGrid format (Basically adding a point at the end to signify the bar end and then saving in the GRID editor) For easy use. NOT the original midi.

I will have a quick look later, but my intuition tells me that as they are taking the timings from other peoples/companies machines and releasing it free it would be VERY ostentatious of them to assert it is theirs to limit... I may be wrong tho, so my offer is there if anyone want's to have them in the MuLab TimeGrid format.

Thanks again for the effort :)

sl23 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:32 pm What shall I do about the discrepancies? I don't know which presets are missing samples etc. Or how to deal with Alex Jimp project that won't even load using the tool to find out which version was used.
MuLib is a user based project. If there are issues with certain projects/presets best to contact the original project/preset creator and sort things out together.

Return to “MUTOOLS”