Native instruments guitar rig pro 7

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Magic Russ wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:21 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:15 pm To be fair you could GR7 outright for 50, along with neutron and ozone 11 and a whole bunch of other plugins. The link was in this thread. The original Amplitube upgrade was not nearly so cheap.

That being said I'm far more an amplitube fan as well.
Isn't that the upgrade price from Izotope Music Production Studio 5 to MPS 6? Is there any way of getting that price if you don't have MPS 5?
Oh yes my bad. It's an upgrade. It's quite a big bundle.

sheesh.. they've made this all as clear as mud.

my upgrade price to MPS 6 is $229 and i own MPS 5.1 but i guess i've owned it for a while so no $49 price for me. if you bought it in August or after the upgrade is $49 but should really be free imo. it's shady to charge people who may have bought MPS 5 only a week ago.

also, if i want to upgrade Komplete to 14 standard for $199.. guitar rig pro 7 is not included. f-these ay-holes

I wouldn't expect a bundle released last year to include a product issued this morning.

Anyone been able to install version 7...native access takes the serial number but nothing shows up in the not installed tab?

dayjob wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:43 pm sheesh.. they've made this all as clear as mud.

my upgrade price to MPS 6 is $229 and i own MPS 5.1 but i guess i've owned it for a while so no $49 price for me. if you bought it in August or after the upgrade is $49 but should really be free imo. it's shady to charge people who may have bought MPS 5 only a week ago.

also, if i want to upgrade Komplete to 14 standard for $199.. guitar rig pro 7 is not included. f-these ay-holes
Yeah screw these jerks, releasing brand new software I didn't know about yesterday and not giving it to me for free! In fact screw anyone not giving me free stuff!

Delete

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:15 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:49 pm
machinesworking wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:58 pm glad to see it, I went all in on Amplitube, but Guitar Rig is great too.
Me too. Guitar Rig 6 is great for wild experiments, but I much prefer the sound of the Amplitube models and I can use Tonex in it as well. I just spent $75 for a used 5 Max license, so $100 to update Guitar Rig? I’m going to pass.
To be fair you could GR7 outright for 50, along with neutron and ozone 11 and a whole bunch of other plugins. The link was in this thread. The original Amplitube upgrade was not nearly so cheap.

That being said I'm far more an amplitube fan as well.
I don't have that bundle, but that solidifies my point. Why do the owners of a much smaller bundle get a great deal and Komplete Ultimate users get a crappy deal?

Again, I'm not really mad that they're charging money for a lot of new features, but it just seems to be geared towards making people like me pass on their deal. So pass, I will.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:35 pm
dayjob wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:43 pm sheesh.. they've made this all as clear as mud.

Yeah screw these jerks, releasing brand new software I didn't know about yesterday and not giving it to me for free! In fact screw anyone not giving me free stuff!
if i bought MPS 5 yesterday and they released this version 6 today and didn't give me a free grace period i'd be pissed. it's why a lot of developers will say "new version coming in a month but don't worry if you buy now you get the upgrade free when it's released"

but whatever.. ymmv.

edit: also, no incentive to buy guitar rig pro 7 for $99. i'll just wait for them to add it to the next version of komplete and then i'll think about updating Komplete.

dayjob wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:24 pm edit: also, no incentive to buy guitar rig pro 7 for $99. i'll just wait for them to add it to the next version of komplete and then i'll think about updating Komplete.
Unless they make it worthwhile on BF, I think most people in that situation will take that path.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:53 pm I don't think they should call it Guitar Rig anymore. Should just be NI Effects Rig or something, as it includes basically everything.
While we're at it, based on their recent direction they might want to rename the company Native Effects and Sample Libraries.

Magic Russ wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:12 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:53 pm I don't think they should call it Guitar Rig anymore. Should just be NI Effects Rig or something, as it includes basically everything.
While we're at it, based on their recent direction they might want to rename the company Native Effects and Sample Libraries.
touché !

Magic Russ wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:09 pm
dayjob wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:24 pm edit: also, no incentive to buy guitar rig pro 7 for $99. i'll just wait for them to add it to the next version of komplete and then i'll think about updating Komplete.
Unless they make it worthwhile on BF, I think most people in that situation will take that path.
It's pretty much the only way to not be upset at NI, and it's not even that hard. IK are much more difficult to navigate upgrade wise for instance. NI keep it simple, upgrade Komplete every couple years when they add enough to a version to make it worthwhile, skip it and your next upgrade will be fantastic.

Get TH-U Overloud instead, it does everything Guitar Rig does much better and a whole lot more. I have Guitar Rig 6 and have stopped using it completely. I think you get the TH-U Overloud Essential version for free when purchasing an expansion, and you can upgrade during sales

TH-U does not do everything that Guitar Rig does, which is a pretty sweet effects and glitch suite with awesome modulation possibilities
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I do agree that this update is really everything GR 6 should have been but ended up not being, I didn’t think putting all that in a paid for update would go down well so am not surprised people are dissatisfied with that.

That being said it is a good update; the sidebar is actually really useful for visualising and editing the fx chain signal flow, and the Cab IR loader, and (finally) additional modelled AMPs are great additions. Also good to see the early fruits of the merger with iZotope in the form of the Maximiser but more importantly bits of Trash 2 - hope we will see more of that, especially things like Trash waveshapers. I think NI should ensure we see a steady stream of new module updates in this version as they said would happen with GR6 - COVID can’t be used as an excuse this time

Return to “Guitars”