Best Automatic Matching EQ to Reference Track Software

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jac459 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:29 pm What about the 3 softwares, I proposed you?
I cannot afford Pro Q3.
Can iZotope Neutron do this automatically. Great developer!
Is it fairly easy to match using Kilohearts Carve EQ? Great developer, also!

tommyzai wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:31 pm I want to create a good (90%) mix quickly to distribute for opinion, etc., then send out the best tracks for pro mixing/mastering. I do not want to spend my time noodling and tinkering with the nuances of mixing . . . no time and my ears can't handle too much sound (damaged). Also, I use in a classroom setting and need fast results to make a listenable rough mix for students. So, I need some software assistance.
I know where you're coming from.

Try the tools I suggested. They do exactly what you're longing for: delivering fast and good results.

Let them listen to the most engaged part of your track, select the type of music you're after (Pop, House, Jazz, ...), invoke their "smart EQ bands" and you're good to go. :wink: Btw, I'm always good with the standard "balanced master".

The fine-tuning of the precious track in question, serving the infamous 10% left to perfection, could be done another day. If at all.

tommyzai wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:34 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:29 pm What about the 3 softwares, I proposed you?
I cannot afford Pro Q3.
Can iZotope Neutron do this automatically. Great developer!
Is it fairly easy to match using Kilohearts Carve EQ? Great developer, also!
Carve EQ makes it very easy. And you got kilohearts awesome quality.
It is a no brainer. It also provide a lot of default songs profils by genre and you can upload yours. After you control the level of matching.
It is based on 31 bands....
Last edited by Jac459 on Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

tommyzai wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:22 pm I know how to mix. In fact, [...]
Sorry, then forget everything I said.
It was directed at the regular target audience of this "Getting Started" section.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Jac459 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:58 am Pro Q3 does it very well (and you can choose the number of band on which you reference).
I am not sure if izotope ozone does it. But it references your track against a genre and show you the differences with a very handy and useful graph.
On the cheaper side I think kilohearts does that with carve eq.

Edit: ozone has eq match which does it exactly the way you expect.
Newest version of Ozone has the "stabilizer" module which does this dynamically, sort of like Gullfoss, however it doesn't let you define your own curves as far as I know-- which, is a touch annoying if you're extra-pedantic, but functionally has not been a problem for me at all as the curves they have are fine if you're using it conservatively (which everyone knows you probably should be anyways :D ). I frequently throw just a touch on the mix buss to function effectively as an easy-to-dial-in dynamic EQ, but yes like people have said, it won't polish a turd (OP I know you're aware of this, just writing this in case someone else newer reads this).
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

Are EQ Matchers useful at getting your guitar to sound more like a target guitar tone?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”