Cherry Audio's CA2600 is available NOW!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Nice but this might interfere with my Barp 2600 pre-order. Also the timing is impeccable
as to me spending a ton on eurorack on the same day. Again... :lol:

Will check out the demo still :tu:

Congrats on this release. Looks and sounds awesome. I am trying to justify myself if I need this since I have the Arturia ARP2600 V.

Keep it up, Cherry Audio. I am really curious if you have more synths in the pipeline.

musical wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:05 pmbizarre marketing to see enhanced versions as VSTs outside Voltage Modular. Surely your own environment should have superior versions?
+1. That makes no sense. Why not just update the VM version and have the ultimate 2600 VA solution—which as an added bonus would bring more customers into the VM ecosystem—instead of creating a win-lose scenario by selling two separate versions that are limited in different ways?

I’m not about to pay twice to get two limited versions of the same product. :nutter:

I would, however, be willing to pay twice if the enhanced features of the VST version also carried over to the VM version.

I’m always ready to ditch VCV Rack’s inflexible patching and inadequate supply of classic analog emulations (notwithstanding the vast selection of modules thanks much to the generosity of individual developers), but weird business decisions like this make it hard to justify the jump over.
Last edited by satchnut on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please change the pre amp overdrive saturation algo ( which is also used in the distortion module) , it sounds pretty generic , a tanh curve would sound much better
First example , filter going into pre amp set to 1000
Second example , ommiting preamp but using a standard (15) year old dist.module in renoise on ca 2600 output
Both are utitlising a cpu efficient atan curve ,
Renoise cheapo dist effect
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I did some comparison with the g-force oddity 2
Only enabling osc3 saw in the mixer , while being synced to osc2 square output and also frequency modulated by osc2 square output.
Cherry aliases a lot faster
A simple patch like this
Eyeball exchanging

The only thing I don’t understand is where Voltage Modular owners win? They will buy twice as modules and as a VSTi ??

The resoance peak also looks pretty weird ( near self oscillation ) , I have never had any synth with a small resonance band
It's like the actual resoance is just adding a generic sine , could they be faking it ??
It would be great if cherry clarified some stuff cause it seems they don't like any criticism
And hee is a fake resoance peak done in reaktor ( resoant peak is just a sine wave ) , looks pretty familiar he ?
Eyeball exchanging

Interesting, I was thinking the resonance sounded 'artificial' but ignored as I figure I don't know shit
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I am pretty sure the r(extra narrow )esonant peak is faked , I can get there 99% close with 20 year old reaktor primary modules , behaving under the exact same circumstances .
My theory is that the 2pole is using real resoance , the 4pole is 2 pole ins series but automatically engages a sine osc .
I am almost sure about it , the filter just behaves too weird and I can get it to replicate it exactly with standard primary modules
I would really like a answer from cherry audio
Eyeball exchanging

future-bit wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:16 pm The only thing I don’t understand is where Voltage Modular owners win? They will buy twice as modules and as a VSTi ??
They (I) don't.
Resisted buying DCO-106 for a while exactly because of that. Then I thought, heck, it's just $25 and VM 2.0 upgrade was free, might as well, help CA through this, even though I have extreme doubts about the quality of the emulation, mostly regarding the lack of brightness when compared with a real Juno 6 (or better/oversampled emulations). The Filter freq being capped at 24KHz when the hardware goes into the 100KHz's is a hint (maybe because in theory it won't be noticeable), but heck... $25 OK.

Same thought process with the CA2600... But I really can't go on doing this for long, buying just to thank CA for the free upgrade of VM 2.0 and good pricing on complete-the-bundle, etc.

Not sure yet if I'll allow myself to reach spending a total of $75 when the VST version of polymoog is released next (if they keep following their Instrument modules path).

Maybe they'll do a VST Bundle with all 3 for free if you own the modules and the previous 2 VSTs?... dunno :P

Koshdukai wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:09 pm
future-bit wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:16 pm The only thing I don’t understand is where Voltage Modular owners win? They will buy twice as modules and as a VSTi ??
They (I) don't.
Yes. The first time I was surprised I had to pay $ 10 for MS-20 poly modules because they were not included in the 1 Year Pack. Although Cherry Audio could give it to the owners of mono modules for free. But they chose to make $ 10. I paid $ 10. Small amount.

Now they want to make $ 25 on the VSTi version. Also a small amount. But these small amounts ultimately add up to large amounts. Therefore, I will not dive into this rabbit hole and will not buy VSTi versions.

Is a company not allowed to sell more than one product line? Do Reaktor owners not 'win' if NI chooses to release a non-Reaktor synth?

Cherry Audio are not bound to only produce products for Voltage just because it was their first product.

The dudes bemoaning that the company who makes their modular synth is also, gasp!, creating and selling bigger VST versions of some of their modules need to chill-down their entitlement. They are 25 bucks a pop right now. Don't want em? Don't buy em. The fact is that these products open up Cherry Audio's market audience vastly. The virtual-modular crowd is no doubt vastly smaller than the VST plugin market crowd. What they are doing just makes good business sense, and both worlds can be satisifed.
Last edited by mholloway on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

mholloway wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:17 pm
Is a company not allowed to sell more than one product line? Do Reaktor owners not 'win' if NI chooses to release a non-Reaktor synth?

Cherry Audio are not bound to only produce products for Voltage just because it was their first product.
Voltage Modular users are also not bound to purchase an additional VSTi version. But if the company doesn't think about Voltage Modular users, it will lose loyal users. They will be offended and will not buy anything - neither VSTi, nor modules.

Return to “Cherry Audio”