Eurorack Modulation - Pamela's New Workout v. uTides?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

julienlavanchy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 am I think for 8HP you would be hard-pressed to find better value that PNW, It's one of the most useful I owned when I had my modular system, it has my stamp of approval
I suspect he's made his mind up by now.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:48 am
julienlavanchy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 am I think for 8HP you would be hard-pressed to find better value that PNW, It's one of the most useful I owned when I had my modular system, it has my stamp of approval
i assume he made the correct decision?

"add more rack space"?

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:13 pm

"add more rack space"?
... he may have found one of my personal faves (though I use the vintage edition):
A147_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:15 am
vurt wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:13 pm

"add more rack space"?
... he may have found one of my personal faves (though I use the vintage edition):
A147_2.jpg
yup, got a couple of those here :tu:

Sorry to revive this thread a year later, but does anyone know if there is a virtual version of the A147 available anywhere, such as VCV Rack, Softube, Cherry Audio, etc.? You have piqued my interest :).

bharris22 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:42 pm Sorry to revive this thread a year later, but does anyone know if there is a virtual version of the A147 available anywhere, such as VCV Rack, Softube, Cherry Audio, etc.? You have piqued my interest :).
i couldn't say tbh?
but, it's just basic lfo with vc and the vca/delay.
none of them are exotic functions or do anything really special, but in a hardware rack, they are awesome, because all that is in a tiny little package.
in software, you don't really have to worry about space, if you need a vca but have several lfos, you just delete and swap.

imo of course ;)

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:00 pm
bharris22 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:42 pm Sorry to revive this thread a year later, but does anyone know if there is a virtual version of the A147 available anywhere, such as VCV Rack, Softube, Cherry Audio, etc.? You have piqued my interest :).
i couldn't say tbh?
but, it's just basic lfo with vc and the vca/delay.
none of them are exotic functions or do anything really special, but in a hardware rack, they are awesome, because all that is in a tiny little package.
in software, you don't really have to worry about space, if you need a vca but have several lfos, you just delete and swap.

imo of course ;)
Got it - thanks :).

also, since this thread, ive added a tides myself.
haven't updated to the parasites because im terrified of bricking the module :oops: but even in basic tides, it does a lot of fun stuff :tu:

adding buffered multiple or a mixer, of course expands your modulation options :)

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:59 pm also, since this thread, ive added a tides myself.
haven't updated to the parasites because im terrified of bricking the module :oops: but even in basic tides, it does a lot of fun stuff :tu:

adding buffered multiple or a mixer, of course expands your modulation options :)
If you install firmware, make sure its the tides v1 and not the newer, v2. Parasites and sheep is made for the v1

Return to “Modular Synthesis”