VSTi closest to MOOG ONE 16 voice

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just tried MASSIVE X and it wont get you into the territory of the Moog One.this is based on an assumption on how its supposed to sound but on MASSIVE X at least the filter polyphony tuning is the same for all voices.you can use the poly modulator to stick any of the modulators in it but it doesn't sound the same as a proper polysynth(like the OB-6,Matrix 6,Prophet 08 which i own)that's the distinction i was trying to make.DIVA has a voice mod which skews the tuning of whatever param between the different voices in unison and poly modes and Dune allows you to adjust the parameters of 8 different voices independently as well as offering oscillator unison(not to mention its ridiculously powerful mod matrix that runs at audiorate).it might not be directly modelled on the Moog One,but i think it's the only one out of these recommendations that will get you in the ballpark IMHO and perhaps PhasePlant.Legend has 8 voices too but they all occur directly on top of eachother and essentially duplicates what the first voice is doing despite whatever claims it makes to the authenticity of the model it just sounds like pretty much any well made VA VSTI doing unison :P
I

Acid Mitch wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:01 pm Synth1 has the closest name.
Actually, Synthmaster One
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

TIMT wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 pm I just tried MASSIVE X and it wont get you into the territory of the Moog One.this is based on an assumption on how its supposed to sound but on MASSIVE X at least the filter polyphony tuning is the same for all voices.you can use the poly modulator to stick any of the modulators in it but it doesn't sound the same as a proper polysynth(like the OB-6,Matrix 6,Prophet 08 which i own)that's the distinction i was trying to make.DIVA has a voice mod which skews the tuning of whatever param between the different voices in unison and poly modes and Dune allows you to adjust the parameters of 8 different voices independently as well as offering oscillator unison(not to mention its ridiculously powerful mod matrix that runs at audiorate).it might not be directly modelled on the Moog One,but i think it's the only one out of these recommendations that will get you in the ballpark IMHO and perhaps PhasePlant.Legend has 8 voices too but they all occur directly on top of eachother and essentially duplicates what the first voice is doing despite whatever claims it makes to the authenticity of the model it just sounds like pretty much any well made VA VSTI doing unison :P
... considering all that is really what the OP is asking for. Actually, all he asked for was this:
Must have at LEAST 16 voices, and be very moogy sounding, and not cost $8500.
Massive X has the Monark filter, which is a big plus. Diva also has a Mini filter. And even the Mini's oscillators.

TIMT wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 pm I just tried MASSIVE X and it wont get you into the territory of the Moog One.this is based on an assumption on how its supposed to sound but on MASSIVE X at least the filter polyphony tuning is the same for all voices. :P
You need to assign the Voice Randomization (VR) modulator to whatever you want (filter cutoff, osc pitch, pan knob, etc) to have random variations per-voice. Any modulators in MX (except the performers) have per-voice capabilities. It's worth mentioning that the filter, the insert fx and the feedback sections are polyphonic and it's very useful for distortion or ring modulation for instance. Filter FM and LFOs are working at audio-rate level, etc.

yeah, I'm trying to not be irresponsibly picky on this, just closest or even close enough. IE no need to cover every feature all identical etc. But 16 voices, and MOOGy sounding are the minimum interests. I know nothing will ACTUALLY sound like MOOG ONE, I just want to go play in that ball park.

Loaded up DIVA, and I think it is perfect. And super fat, very real analog sounding. Right after it, I tried my Arturia miniV, and although sounds okay, not as fat as Diva. This going out a Yamaha HS-80 monitor.

seazens_mediuube wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:48 pm K Brown created a version of aspects of the Moog One that you may enjoy exploring!!

simpleONE - (~Moog One) A very much-simplified approximation of the Moog One. It's somewhat to the One as the Voyager OS was to the original Voyager - mostly WYSIWYG panel controls with very little menu-accessed extra features. Also just the core synth functions - no layers, splits, arp, sequencer or effects. v1.01 4/19.
Well now, that's pretty cool! Sounds okay too. Just lost a half hour screwing around with this, and it's a lot of fun. Found some things that might be lil bugs, but over all, very nice!

Poly-Ana seems similar. And it can sound pretty moogish. Polyphony is up to 12.

Ingonator wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:42 pm Not exactly a Moog emulation but Xils Lab PolyKB III has up to 16 voices, 3 Oscs with morphable waveforms 2, multimode filters. 3 ADSR envelopes, 2 LFOs and a Step Sequencer besides some additional features.
Like in the Moog One it is possible to route each of the Oscs to one of the the 2 filters (parallel filters) and also use the filters in series. A filter balance knob is included too.
All 3 Oscs are available as mod sources in teh mod matrix to allow audio rate modulations. Osc 2 is also included as a source in the polymod section.
I was also going to suggest the PolyKB. It sounds great and has a similar feature set. Surprised it flew under the radar for me for such a long time. Finally grabbed it during a sale last year and was blown away.

FM8 and any emu (Legend, Diva etc) together would get you there imo

Even better, If you are a true geek then go try Tranzistow and give the guy a donation if you keep it. End of story!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:20 am Poly-Ana seems similar. And it can sound pretty moogish. Polyphony is up to 12.
+1 for Poly-Ana

Yes PolyKB III has 3 oscillators, dual analog zdf filter, EV whose segments can be modulated, polysequencer and also the 'Path per voice modulator' (in addition to drift, unison and per voice/card analog behaviour)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg59zPbJn_Y

A few PolyKB III sound examples :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2exCtVmYwM
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Pigments 5
Dune 3
Fabfilter Twin 3
Adam Szabo Viper
Oisirus
Phase Plant

Easy. Sample a Moog One and then put samples into a VST.
<list your stupid gear here>

GForce Minimonsta 2

felis wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:04 pm GForce Minimonsta 2
Im not a fan of Minimonsta 2 even tho its good, but i love The Legend and really stoked about upcoming HZ version with MSEGs, LFOs and 3 additional oscillators.

Return to “Instruments”