If you can run these, I'm VERY interested ....

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I already own a PC that runs smooth as ya like, and a shed load of VST's. Do I get a cross grade?

Nick at Muse wrote:The Smart Electronix plugs mentioned are the just the ones that ships witht he box. But Ambience can easily be installed onto Receptor. There is an "unsupported plugins" feature on Receptor thrugh which free plugins like Ambience can be installed. I personally have used Ambience with Receptor, and it works great!
Ahhhh okay I'm starting to get it now ... as long as all the support files a DLL requires can also be installed, it sounds like most anything could run on Receptor, as long as it isn't copy protected.

I'm still not hearing any answers, though, about NI Reaktor (which most definitely IS copy protected) and CONSOLE/energyXT ... ?

Receptor stores all of its samples on its hard drive in a directory called "Samples" (clever, huh?). That directory can be accessed via network or crossover from your PC, and you can store any Samples there. If you have a huge library and need more space than we provide, then there are 4 USB 2.0 outs to which external hard drives can be connected, and your samples can be stored there as well.
Ahhh okay cool - as long as I can transfer samples over in some way (network drive, FTP, or some proprietary equivalent) then it's all good. I would assume for things like Reaktor ensembles, the Samples directory could be used to store them ... ?

One thing that would help would be all the end user documentation for Receptor being online - I didn't see it on the page. Is it there somewhere and I just missed it?

*starting to get an itch for Receptor*

SpIdErWeB wrote:Here, there is the list of plugins included :

http://www.museresearch.com/receptor_plugins.php
It's all freeware or demos.Have the developers whose freeware you have included been compensated in some way? :?:

dburgan wrote: I'm still not hearing any answers, though, about NI Reaktor (which most definitely IS copy protected) and CONSOLE/energyXT ... ?
I sent you a PM about 20 minutes ago. Maybe you didn't notice it yet:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=677426

No support for Reaktor ATM :x

dburgan wrote:Dallas Texas area. The biggest music stores around here are Guitar Center and Brook Mays (yuck).
Guitar Center carries Receptor. I'm not sure if every Guitar Center store has one, but your store could probably get one if they don't aleady have it.

Dan
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

dburgan wrote:I'm still not hearing any answers, though, about NI Reaktor (which most definitely IS copy protected) and CONSOLE/energyXT ... ?
Reaktor and CONSOLE/energyXT are not currently supported. Reaktor will not work because it is copy protected. I don't know about CONSOLE/energyXT.

I'm sure we will support Reaktor one day, but we do not have any short term plans for it.

Dan
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

DanTimis wrote:
dburgan wrote:Dallas Texas area. The biggest music stores around here are Guitar Center and Brook Mays (yuck).
Guitar Center carries Receptor. I'm not sure if every Guitar Center store has one, but your store could probably get one if they don't aleady have it.

Dan
My guitar center said it's special order ONLY. meaning they do not plan on having one in the store anytime soon... for all stores..with small exceptions.

Samash has one on display as of tommorow though. And Im going to go try it.

Teksonik wrote:

It's all freeware or demos.Have the developers whose freeware you have included been compensated in some way? :?:
There are also some free premium plug-ins like Combo Sister, daAlfa2K, daHornet, EMM Knagalis, EVE, Predatohm, PSP MixSaturator, and RM III

For instance PSP PianoVerb is free on both Windows and Receptor while PSP MixSaturator is free on Receptor, but not on Windows. Frohmage from Ohm Force is free on both Windows and Receptor, but Predatohm is free only on Receptor.

The developers of free plug-ins (not free premium plug-ins) have all agreed to have their plug-ins included on Receptor, but they are not compensated as far as I know.

Dan
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Teksonik wrote:

Actually, if you follow link to our website you will se that in the list of premium plug-ins, some have an asterisk. Those are free premium plug-ins.

Dan
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

DanTimis wrote: I'm sure we will support Reaktor one day, but we do not have any short term plans for it.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I can't find anything on latency . Does it support 0 latency monitoring - what are the specs for this important aspect of the unit?

Scotty

Return to “Muse Research and Development”